ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blending Art Class

Blending Art Class

Hi All,

I was looking through the gallery and I've come to realise I need help! With my art that is. I've never really dealt with anything but pencils and radiograph in the real world so when I come to (digital) oils, pastels, crayons, etc. I'm lost! Blending, specifically, has never been an issue for me until ArtRage came along!

So what I am humbly asking is that if that anyone can spare the time, could they please recreate the image below in their own style with a few pointers on how it was achieved, oils, crayons, etc. focusing on the blending.

I know it's a bit of a cheek asking you guys to cough up many years of experience, but I feel this forum and the people within it are the kind of people I can ask! ops:

Thanks in advance,
    NC

Attached Images Attached Images  

this is an EXCELLENT idea, newcube! i myself am a total idiot when it comes to the blending and smoothing of oils, chalks, or whatever. this will be amazing to learn from!!
    i have to admit, sometimes i see some of the paintings here and wonder, what the heck tools are they using?! i thought that new blending brush might be for folks like myself, cause you masters seem to be doing fine without it!

anyway, great idea newcube! thanx!
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

very easy to achieve in professional digital painting software.

im not gonna mention any name of software, for the courtesy to artrage team.
    HAHAHA

wow, amazing blending in the skin tones, sweedie!

crayon - never would have thought!
    if it's not fun, what's the point?

Very cool, must try that soon.....if time permits, I'm a bit low on the time issue... :roll:
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

All these eyes... all these eyes... they're watching me... (twitch, twitch).

Very cool, Sweedie
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hey New Cube- Sorry to take so long to respond to this. Sweedie beat me to it and a fine response he made. Here is my try at doing the image you posted. I used the paint roller on default paper to lay down the base flesh tone. Then it was a series of layers using the airbrush and different color tones to softly shade the eye socket. I used felt pen for color and clear blending on the eyebrow & eye lashes. A little papergrain tweaking on still other layers put a little texture into the airbrush color which I thought was looking too smooth and artificial. If you want to examine the actual ptg file give me a shout and I'll post it on my site for you to download.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Wow. These are all incredible. And yes, Andy, they are watching you. =]

- Gita

Eyes have always been another one of my achille's heel. These are all really fantastic. Fashmir, your lashes look really fine. You can almost reach out and feel how silky and smooth it would be in your fingers!

Stunning work everyone.
    Struggling to paint a dream....

Fantastic. Thank you all very much for your amazing responses! I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment, so when I've settled in to my new pad, I'll be back in to my ArtRage once more!

Thanks again,
    NC