ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cannot SHARE the .ptg file from Galaxy Tab4

Question Cannot SHARE the .ptg file from Galaxy Tab4

I recently purchased Artrage app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab4 10.1 tablet and so far just loving it.... HOWEVER, I am having an issue with sending the .ptg file to myself to further work on in my desktop version. Quite simply the send method works but the file is never attached.

From within AR I hit SHARE from the menu tab. Then Share Painting and finally Share Painting File. I get a large file warning (1.3mb may be slow online, etc.). I choose to send it by email. Fill in all the required fields. I can see the file is attached and ready to go. Send. Receive in my email, BUT no file attached! Have done this numerous times to two different email accounts with same results.

Next I tried to SHARE via (Google) Drive. Had some issues with not being able to create a new folder from my desktop but from the tablet I could do it and then it appeared online. So, continued with the upload but no luck. File still does not appear there either. I do note that DRIVE wants to be linked to certain apps and they give a list of numerous apps to choose from; ArtRage is not one of them!

Anyone experience this or have better luck than me (what tablet are you using?).

Can anyone from Ambient Design explain what the problem is?

EDIT: I have found a workaround to this BUT the problem still exists from within AR in not being able to send the ptg file anywhere.

In case anyone else has the problem: Save the ptg file to your tablet. Open your email programme and send email to yourself making sure to attach the file.
    Last edited by lensman; 04-19-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Discovered a workaround

That's very odd, and shouldn't be happening. What OS are you running? (E.g. Android 4.0., 4.4?)
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by lensman View Post
    I recently purchased Artrage app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab4 10.1 tablet and so far just loving it....
    sorry for the offtopic, but, I thought that AR does not work on the Samsung tab, because it does not have an S pen? I thought it only works on a Samsung Note?
    Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by a_dt View Post
    sorry for the offtopic, but, I thought that AR does not work on the Samsung tab, because it does not have an S pen? I thought it only works on a Samsung Note?
    Am I wrong?
    ArtRage works *with* the S Pen, but it doesn't require one. It came out initially as a free gift on the Samsung Note 4, as part of a promotional launch with Samsung, but it is available for other Android devices on GALAXY Apps and the Play Store.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    I have ArtRage 1.0.84 running on a Note 4 with Android version 5.0.1

My file (6.5MB) was sent via sharing/email and works fine. It opens on a Desktop MAC ArtRage.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)