ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lightbox

Lightbox

Started out as the Clockmaker, but due to background changes, ended up as lightbox, stranger things happen at sea......Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightbox.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	86214  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Jack this is a really interesting piece, something oddly ethereal and otherworldly about that green background. It's peculiar and fascinating all at the same time. Keep rocking out the good work!

Delo, hello mate, if you don't put any shadows to "Anchor" an object, it floats, one of the things Mr D Akey told me about , this one has no shadows intentionally, I wanted to make it look different. The box shape is like a room too small, so the clockmaker appears to be suspended, in a box, like zero gravity, the lines are like laser lines, or suspension wires, just looking for a different effect here, pleased you noticed that it didn't look normal, that means it worked, thanks for that Delo, appreciate the feedback mate.....Jack.

Stunning piece, although the subject should probably be better merged into the room/ environment, seemlessly I mean and probaly casting some sort of shadow. No doubt the painting quality is very high and You certainly used pretty well the new, useful features of AR4.5!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

The lightbox painting comes from this painting I was doing as the Clockmaker, perhaps should have continued with that one instead of messing about, might still progress it , thanks for your comments.....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clockmaker.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	86217  

I don't know, Jack-o. . . they both look kind of cool, so either direction or both directions are good to my eye. I do like the darker one as well, in that it seems moodier. It has the feeling of being in a darkened little creative space, which makes the idea of focusing on a little clockwork more on target.

The other, more green one with the laser beams and all of that, that one is really intriguing, because of the idea of going small to go big and expansive, rather like tripping the lock to a door to another dimension. That one would be very cool in a movie with special effects all popping about him. But this looks very cool. Could be that they work side by side as before the triggering and afterward panels.

Well done!

Last edited by D Akey; 04-17-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream