ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Composition with Red

Composition with Red

I love reds and this little Red White and Blue combines a grid layout with lots of layer blending to enrich the surfaces. hope you enjoy it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Composition with Red.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	86212  

Interesting

Thanks for posting.

White, red and blue (mainly and in their full chroma), it made me think that they are the common or prevailing colors in northern countries flags. Maybe there's a reason to use these primary colors; perhaps they look particularly great and visible in colder and more foggy weather and climates (just as green somehow probably reflects the coveted mirage of Middle East and Northern African Islamic flags for quite clear reasons, or bold colors and yellows and colorful symbols are usual in equatorial countries) .... OK, just some weird ideas ...
    What's for sure is that You got a pleasant, refreshing harmony where rational thoughts and passions are interwoven and balanced without mixing and layered over the soul substrate. I mean the blues and the reds on the white spots surfacing here and there.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by dee-teyl View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    for sure, and thank you for dropping by and commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    White, red and blue (mainly and in their full chroma), it made me think that they are the common or prevailing colors in northern countries flags. Maybe there's a reason to use these primary colors; perhaps they look particularly great and visible in colder and more foggy weather and climates (just as green somehow probably reflects the coveted mirage of Middle East and Northern African Islamic flags for quite clear reasons, or bold colors and yellows and colorful symbols are usual in equatorial countries) .... OK, just some weird ideas ...
    What's for sure is that You got a pleasant, refreshing harmony where rational thoughts and passions are interwoven and balanced without mixing and layered over the soul substrate. I mean the blues and the reds on the white spots surfacing here and there.
    Interesting thoughts, I have often had similar ideas about how certain regions and cultures have colors that to them are favorites and colors that seem "natural" together. I just felt the need for something more visceral after the last couple of ethereal and softly focused works.

Some really nice textures going on there GX.. Thanks for sharing this!

I've been holding off on commenting on this one because it pushes me in several different directions at the same time. On one hand, it's really cool in a mosaic, artsy way. On another hand, it reminds me of a cathedral at night with the votive candles that people light as a prayer which are usually that deep blue and that deep crimson. On still another hand (just call me Shiva), it has the feeling of a romantic outdoor café all dazzling and sparkly. It's not quite glitzy enough to be like a Las Vegas Strip at night, owing to the limited palette (which I quite liked by the way), but there is an architectural, or environmental design kind of practicality to the use of a grid.

I like it! I probably also like it because it creates something of a kaleidoscope both visually and associatively.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Fun to look at, the textures and shapes are pleasing and the colors work well together. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by BushcraftOnFire View Post
    Some really nice textures going on there GX.. Thanks for sharing this!
    thanks BCOF

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I've been holding off on commenting on this one because it pushes me in several different directions at the same time. On one hand, it's really cool in a mosaic, artsy way. On another hand, it reminds me of a cathedral at night with the votive candles that people light as a prayer which are usually that deep blue and that deep crimson. On still another hand (just call me Shiva), it has the feeling of a romantic outdoor café all dazzling and sparkly. It's not quite glitzy enough to be like a Las Vegas Strip at night, owing to the limited palette (which I quite liked by the way), but there is an architectural, or environmental design kind of practicality to the use of a grid.

I like it! I probably also like it because it creates something of a kaleidoscope both visually and associatively.

D Akey I was also imagining the rich blues and reds of the old cathedrals and what impact it had on the people inside as it poured that light over them...so I did not mess to much with more colors and kept that mosaic quality even if just a little. thanks for your comments, I always anticipate reading them..

Quote Originally Posted by Delofasht View Post
    Fun to look at, the textures and shapes are pleasing and the colors work well together. Well done!
    thanks Delofasht I appreciate your commenting on my abstract work.

Would be great to hang on the wall

Love the pattern, textures and colors. Very quilt like to me.