ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: flow bubbles

flow bubbles

Trying to get a flow with colors.. maybe some spring focus. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flow bubbles.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	86208  
    Last edited by dee-teyl; 04-16-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Yeah, I have a thought. . . I love it!

Hart to critique something so personal that looks as if it just flowed as you stepped in and moved paint around. . . which I have to say turned out beautifully. Love the colors and the flow and the counterpoint of the marks within that (circles and curved line). It takes on almost a written language kind of appearance to me.

If you're looking for advice on how to make bubbles, they're more than circles. They're hollow with reflective ball shells. In other words, the center would show more of the area behind it and you would make something of a hard edge. But were you to do that, you run the risk of going contrary to the overall feel of the way you've done the flowing colors where nothing is hard edged. So you would have to play around with it and see if it satisfied you in the context of the painting.

Perhaps if you just gave a little bit of an outline around you could say bubble without changing the paradigm and pop in a reflection? Dunno. But however you do it, you may want to stick to one way of doing it throughout to give the viewer what you're driving at.

Right now they're abstract ideas more than photographic images of bubbles and it may be enough to get the idea across.

But I really like it.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-21-2015 at 09:34 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream