ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anna Creek

Anna Creek

I was inspired to paint this after reading in the newspaper a couple of days ago that the world's largest cattle station - Anna Creek in South Australia, is to be sold. 6M acres!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kidman.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	86189
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Wow this is realllllly nice, I like it! (and not just because I'm a fan of beef)

OK then. How much for such a wonderful place and horned models for painting? LOL Lovely one.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well I knew it was good to happen eventually. . . this is a professional grade painting. It's brilliant!

I am totally blown away by the technique you used for the grassy area. It's perfect. The composition is brilliant as well I love the colors and the value relations. Was prudent of you to leave the snakes out, wasn't it.

Are they actually selling the ranch in one go, are they parceling it out? I can't imagine there are too many people who would want that much land if they weren't going to develop it or exploit the natural resources somehow. Hang on. . .I need some natural resources. . . Let me see how much mad money I have in my drawer. I might be interested in half. Can you imagine the cost for 1,000,000 acres of land?
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-14-2015 at 04:07 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    ...Are they actually selling the ranch in one go, are they parceling it out? I can't imagine there are too many people who would want that much land if they weren't going to develop it or exploit the natural resources somehow. Hang on. . .I need some natural resources. . . Let me see how much mad money I have in my drawer. I might be interested in half. Can you imagine the cost for 1,000,000 acres of land?
    http://www.afr.com/business/agricult...0150410-1mhz2y
    Looks to me like it's not just Anna Creek but the entire Kidman holdings. Lock, stock and barrel. That's a lot of land!
    Sadly D Akey I fear this is one of those things where if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi June Is it he Vestey's Selling out or are the natives wanting more money or prehaps its cheaper in South America now CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO

Wow June you really nailed this painting as D Akey said the colors and tonal relationships and texturing of the grasses, distant scrub brush and sky all play well with the dramatic contrasts of the cattle. really a special one here!.

Wow, thanks everyone for such a great response. I used 'dirty oil brushes' I downloaded from http://www.deviantart.com/art/m-a-Oi...-1-0-342573127 Plus some grass and mossy brushes.

Looks like your questions have been answered DA and Mr. Ploos.
    Last edited by Enug; 04-14-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/