ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Gotta love it....or hate it

Gotta love it....or hate it

I saw the other day and in my respect for Bob It made me mad, but I think he would have liked it so I simultaneously liked it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4f3RuHw80

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I watched this the other day myself and only a few things got me a bit edged, but man is Proko a funny guy, the scoop of ice cream about killed me. I fell out of my chair.

I never watched Bob Ross on television, and I never even knew about him until I came to ArtRage to find that he had a big fan base here in the early days of the forums. As I recall the programmers were trying to emulate a lot of the marks that he made probably because they were really clearly defined as to what the tools were doing.

Amusing. I always found those TV artists a bit over the top with their enthusiasm. But that was part of the fun. . . way better than medicating myself into a happy place.

I also saw among the suggested YouTube vids there was another parody of Bob Ross showing how to do tattoos on a Frazetta-sized model's bum. this is so reminiscent of what people used to do with Mr. Rogers parodies. . . make them a bit creepy, like a predatory snake mesmerizing a bird it's about to turn into dinner. It all plays to a certain point, and it's certainly easy to do those kinds of parodies, since the folks who are being parodied pretty much hand it to them on a silver platter.

Fun way to start the day. Thanks!
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-14-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Proko is a VERY talented artist.. and I found this funny as I know Proko.. and know that he highly respected Bob Ross. Just for fun (and maybe "payback") here is a caricature I did of Proko about two years ago..

Rockin'! Hahaha Good caricature of him indeed! You got the knack for it to be sure.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream