ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickscape

Quickscape

Quick little warm up painting for the day.

About 2 hours of painting with one of my sample color sets mixing on a scrap as a palette to get my color varieties. It was fun, used some of those techniques that Peter showed for making clouds if a bit modified to meet my needs here. Really fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landscape2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	86160

- Delo

Gorgeous painting...love the scene and the choice of hues....

Love it! The colours, rugged mountains and the lighting - really lovely.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Love the mist effect.. It really adds character!

Beautiful colours in your lovely painting, reminded me of Winslow Homer's "the Woodcutter"

Fabulous................................ could be a Fantasy book cover!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

The Woodcutter! I should have totally given him an axe! Didn't want us to focus too long on the guy though. I ended up adding a few more clouds up in the sky as it was feeling a bit barren, just creating some interesting patterns and depth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landscape2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	86170

Thanks for looking everyone! It's nice getting the positive encouragement, as artists sometimes we will find ourselves scrutinized and compared to everything else, which often has a side effect of becoming discouraged. I'd realized over these past couple years that I could care less how much better someone might or might not be than I am. This community is a welcome change from some that I've been in here recently, everyone is so positive and helpful without being discouraging about things. So glad I found this place.

Sorry if I offended, I wasn't comparing just saying what your painting brought to mind

We're glad you found it too! I love the pallet. The scene is very dramatic and awe inspiring. I think everybody can relate to those moments where you just round the corner are crest a ridge and are met with something so vast and beautiful that it's almost like a moment of shifting consciousness, or at least carries with it the promise of a jump.

I'm enjoying your paintings quite a bit, and what you post a whole lot. Thanks for participating in bringing your energy to the mix. It's stuff like that that makes this all work.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Beautiful painting

Love the colors and all the sensitive effects in sky and mountains . Nice job!