ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Error message when trying to install

Error message when trying to install

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with Artrage installation. I download the program and when I click on it I get this message : "Windows ne parvient pas à accéder au périphérique, au chemin d'accès ou au fichier spécifié. Vous ne disposez peut-être pas des autorisations appropriées pour avoir accès à l'élément".
    --> "Windows can't access the (device? not sure how to translate this), the pathway or the specifed file. You may not have the appropriate authorizations to access the element".

What can I do ? i had to reformat my computer this week-end and before this everything went on fine.
    I already tried to change the administrators' authorizations but it seems i have full access to everything?
    Thank you for your help, I hope we can solve this quickly, I use Artrage for work...

Hello Viet anhoustra and welcome.
    I'm on a Mac here so I can't really say what may have gone wrong for you and why you get that message window.
    If you haven't already I would suggest you contact Ambient Design support directly about this and give them as much info about your Windows OS version and your hardware as you can: support@artrage.com

One possibility though is that maybe it is related to a rather cryptic line in an admin post from Ambient Design regarding downloading the Windows version; "Note for Windows Users: If you are presented with the option to Open or Save the file, select Save and save it to your disk, Opening it from this dialog can cause installation problems."
    The full post that is from can be found here; http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...997#post421997

I hope you can get it fixed soon.
    Good luck.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hello, and thank you for your quick answer. I will contact the support service you've given me and hope they will have a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    One possibility though is that maybe it is related to a rather cryptic line in an admin post from Ambient Design regarding downloading the Windows version; "Note for Windows Users: If you are presented with the option to Open or Save the file, select Save and save it to your disk, Opening it from this dialog can cause installation problems."$
    No it's not this problem, because I always choose "Save the file" and try to install it after it's fully downloaded.

Right click on the file.. and then click on "Run as Administrator"

resolved !

Thank you all for your help. In fact the problem was my antivirus (Avast) which was blocking applications from installing. I desactivated it and was at last able to install my program.