ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Did I have the way to downgrade 4.5 to pro

Unhappy Did I have the way to downgrade 4.5 to pro

I got a Artrage studio pro and it doesn't work for a new macOS yosemite
    so I download a new one Artrage4 and I really don't like the tool (a pen line a pencil line it's so wrong for my job)
    I try to change setting but it still don't work for me
    can you have anyway to help me this problem
    thanks

I would assume that you can uninstall it and put the old one back on as fresh install.. That would keep things clean

To run ArtRage Studio Pro3.5 on OSX 10.10 Yosemite you will need to instal ArtRage Studio Pro version 3.5.12 or higher.
    Go to your member account where you originally registered your copy of ArtRage Studio Pro3.5.
    There you should see any version of ArtRage that you have registered and be able to download the latest updates for them for free.
    The updates are full instals, so even if you have deleted your original copy of v3.5 it would still instal a new full working version.
    AR3.5 and 4.5 instal separately, so one will not overwrite the other when installing either of them. You could have both installed if you want.

Sorry to hear you don't like 4.5. I'm not sure there were any major changes to the pen or pencil tools with 4.5? The Ink Pen gained an option for 'Taper Bias' in v4.5 and the pencil was given automatic 'Tilt Sensitivity', when using a tablet/pen that supports it. But you can turn that off if you don't need/like it in the 'Stylus Properties' panel for the pencil.
    Last edited by markw; 04-10-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    To run ArtRage Studio Pro3.5 on OSX 10.10 Yosemite you will need to instal ArtRage Studio Pro version 3.5.12 or higher.
    Go to your member account where you originally registered your copy of ArtRage Studio Pro3.5.
    There you should see any version of ArtRage that you have registered and be able to download the latest updates for them for free.
    The updates are full instals, so even if you have deleted your original copy of v3.5 it would still instal a new full working version.
    AR3.5 and 4.5 instal separately, so one will not overwrite the other when installing either of them. You could have both installed if you want.

Sorry to hear you don't like 4.5. I'm not sure there were any major changes to the pen or pencil tools with 4.5? The Ink Pen gained an option for 'Taper Bias' in v4.5 and the pencil was given automatic 'Tilt Sensitivity', when using a tablet/pen that supports it. But you can turn that off if you don't need/like it in the 'Stylus Properties' panel for the pencil.
    thanks you for reply
    I'm really glad when I know you got a new version and can't wait to try
    I know It's more tool and option I'll need to learn but I try to close a pencil automatic 'Tilt Sensitivity' (I just really want old setting version)
    like in the pic left is pro right is 4.5

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.15.44 PM.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	86149

You can turn off pencil tilt sensitivity in ArtRage 4.5 by selecting the pencil, opening the Tool Settings panel and using the 'Set Stylus Properties' option in the menu that appears when you click the preset area at the top of that panel. In the Stylus Properties panel just click the circle 'x' next to the Tilt Angle option in Tilt Sensitivity and the pencil will ignore tilt.

ArtRage 4.5 should work fine on Yosemite, so if you are having a problem please get in touch with support@artrage.com and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    You can turn off pencil tilt sensitivity in ArtRage 4.5 by selecting the pencil, opening the Tool Settings panel and using the 'Set Stylus Properties' option in the menu that appears when you click the preset area at the top of that panel. In the Stylus Properties panel just click the circle 'x' next to the Tilt Angle option in Tilt Sensitivity and the pencil will ignore tilt.
    I'm not sure it's the "tilt" he wants to remove, necessarily, but rather how it follows the "angle" of the stylus. With the tilt set high (around 85%) you'll have a thick dark side and a light fade to the stroke. This pattern follows the stroke direction while using the mouse, but when using a stylus it remains fixed to the position you're holding the pen. While this may be a desirable effect for many people, some do find it somewhat intrusive. It's far easier to keep a steady hand and get a quick stroke with a true pencil. With a stylus, having to look up at a screen, while keeping the pen in the correct place, tilted at a certain degree and also keep it at the proper angle as it moves, is a lot to keep track of.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.