Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colouring for adults

Lightbulb Colouring for adults

Colouring for adults hobby is a BIG thing at the moment, not just for kids. A stress reliever and art therapy and a way of getting off the computer and trying something a bit more tactile. Ironically, I am attempting my own colouring in; this image is from the famous 'The Secret Garden' which is all the 'rage' at the moment. Generally it is a paper pencil pastime. But, I thought I would have a go in Artrage, it's quite addictive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_140 Apr. 05 09.00.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	86072  
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Did you scan the page and imported as layer, or found a digital version already?
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Last edited by Rondo; 04-06-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Hehe, I guess the stress relieving aspect goes up the creek if you put your marker aside and make use of the paint bucket tool. 'D'oh! I thought that was a closed line! D'oh!'

Quote Originally Posted by Orkhan View Post
    Did you scan the page and imported as layer, or found a digital version already?
    Hi Orkhan, I found it on bing, there are loads on google too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    Hehe, I guess the stress relieving aspect goes up the creek if you put your marker aside and make use of the paint bucket tool. 'D'oh! I thought that was a closed line! D'oh!'
    Haha...that will teach you for cheating :P

and I think I will just go to colouring with pencils cause I just got a new comp with that W8 on it and I hate it

So Jules, are you saying that you're sticking to coloring or are you also doing the line drawings? Looks like it could be a lot of fun doing either or both. I haven't done a coloring book in a long time, although I must say that I've done ink drawings with any number of materials for coloring in the tone.

I really like that drawing that you have there as a sample. It's very cool. I once a long time ago saw a coloring book of Alphonse Muscha's Art Nouveau posters, which were all the rage when rediscovered back in the 1960s. And I don't think they've actually gone out of popularity since then. I believe that line and color work really well together.

As to older people getting into it – rediscovering it after it being a childhood thing that we all shared, I think it hits the bull's-eye on a few of different levels at least.

First, they're going to get a pretty decent picture as an endpoint. They can't go too far off the rails, no matter what disability they might be dealing with in the case of those with limited faculties and/or physical shortcomings. So they'll have something to be proud of, and show that they are still viable and certain doors are still open to them.

Second, it probably is very relaxing for anybody, whether focused or meditative. I could see putting on some tunes in the background and just going to town, or people sitting around a table leg in a sewing circle or what ever.

Third, and there's a very good possibility that they can afford the superduper set of crayons with all the colors, including "Am I Blue" and "Come 'n' Get Me Copper". . .

What an inspiring alternative. I'm sure that Carl Jung would give his thumbs-up rating as a method to health and healing and even some fun.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

There's a 'Gangsta Rap Coloring Book' in this week's Humble Bundle, for all you colourer-iners out there.

Hi, I'm new here and new to the concept of colouring in as an adult. Had my colouring in book and pencils delivered today and am loving it so far :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20150713-WA0031[1].jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	86955