ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Watcher In The Woods

The Watcher In The Woods

Happy Easter all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New_001_005.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	86069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New_001_003.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	86071  
    Last edited by Big-G; 04-05-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Great work on the figure.. I think you have the dimensions down perfectly. I like the way you vignetted the drawing as well! Nice

David

I like it! It reminds me of a certain school of art that I can't quite put my finger on from whence it came. But I've seen it a lot back in the 60s. My guess is that it came out of the 50s, a time when there was a lot of exploration and innovation in Art, and the world of flat symbols divided up, along with exciting innovation in drawing.

People were using a lot of diverse tools, including rude twigs dipped in ink, and rags as brushes, and all the other graphic possibilities like with found when using objects and cut paper and all in the other stuff.

It always seemed to me that the comment to draw from such work is that art was in the artist's hands, and the trail they left in their wake as they created with every possible substance and implement, thereby suggesting to everyone that Art was not so much a matter of the tools as in the human factor.

But all of that digression aside, these are really cool, symbolic images. They look like they could've even been on science fiction paperback covers during a particular period.

To me it seems like this fellow is an "everyman", and from his pose it's as if he's spotted a new direction and is encouraging others to take advantage of it. Could even be a Moses or Christ or even a stranger from another world like the man who came to earth in the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with his warnings against self-annihilation through atomic warfare. Etc. etc. This way shower has been around a long, long time. And that's why I was thinking 'symbolism'.

And even if it's not any of that, and it's just art for art's sake, it looks great, and certainly caught my attention and had me running with it. Well done!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cool

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement. Really appreciate your comments.