ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Changing working directory

Changing working directory

Hi,

Is there a way to have Artrage save files in a different folder by default ?

I can see the temp. memory option but nothing else.

Regards,

Philippe

Hi Phillipe
    Are you referring to the backup painting files that can be generated, if that feature is turned on?
    If so these are automatically stored in the same folder as the active painting that generated them and can't be changed as far as I know.
    I suppose the rational is that if all the backup files for any given painting are in the same place as their parent, it's easier to find/review them should you wish to go back to an earlier version.
    I tend to give each painting project it's own folder at the start to stop the backups getting mixed up with other paintings!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi Mark,

What I mean is that Artrage goes to Documents/.../Artrage Paintings even if the last painting saved is somewhere else.

Small issue really but I keep all of my digital images in a specific folder and I'd like artrage to go there by default.

So an option where one could tell Artage, "save my paintings there" would be nice.

Regards,

Philippe

Yes, it is only on the first save of a painting that the 'Save Painting' option will give you a choice of destination.
    Subsequent uses of 'Save Painting' now on that painting will not give you a destination option as it isn't actually making a new painting just saving the edits you made to an existing painting.
    If you want a different location for an existing painting you have two choices.
    1: Use Save Painting As… This will give you another copy of the painting. In the dialogue window that comes up you will have to rename it again but you will be able to choose any location you want for it. Any 'Save Painting' operation you then make to it afterwards will be made to it in that new location.
    2: Outside of AR navigate to where the painting currently is and then manually move it to where you want it. Once there, double click on it to open it or launch AR and use; 'Open Painting/File…', to navigate to where you moved it to and hit Open. Again now AR knows where it is any 'Save Painting' operation will leave it where it now is.
    Last edited by markw; 04-04-2015 at 05:07 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you.

Regards,

Philippe