ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paying For AR Twice (Or 3,4,5 times)?

Paying For AR Twice (Or 3,4,5 times)?

So when Artrage came out on Android a few months back.. I got it right away.. loving the desktop version. Problem is.. I changed tablets since then. So I went to reload the app on my new tablet.. and they (Samsung) want me to pay for it again!

I have been on the phone with them for almost 2 hours today (prob should have just paid again).. and all they said is that if you ever change tablets or do a factory reset you need to pay for your apps again (I assume this doesn't mean just AR). How unfair of a company to charge you again for something you already purchased.. Play.Google keeps a record of purchased apps and you can d/l them if you need to do a reset or get a new tablet/phone.

My question for one of the Admins: Is there anything I can do about this? Or do I need to keep paying again and again (I will buy it from Google next time so this won't happen again).

Thanks for the time to answer this..

David

PS - I am using the new appstore app.. (Galaxy Apps) as I am sure someone will ask (Used it the original time as well)

This is the first we've heard of this - we assumed Samsung worked the same way as the other app stores, and let you install to any device that you had the same account on, and that your purchase history was saved permanently. Was your account data wiped completely in the examples given? Is this even if you use the same details for an existing account on a new device? Did you have a Google account, or a local Samsung one?
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I don't know about any account data.. nor if it was wiped.. I wouldn't think it was... and I was using the same (and only) account as always.. Just they told me that if I had to do a reset or got a new tablet I would have to pay for the app again..

D

PS - I should add.. I like the app enough that I am willing to buy it again.. but it seems unfair to me.. I will DEFINITELY buy it from the Play store next time.
    Last edited by BushcraftOnFire; 04-02-2015 at 03:32 PM.

I recently did a factory reset and I didn't have to pay for ArtRage again. It was stored in my purchases from the Galaxy App store. You should be able to login to your account and have your purchased apps available.

Yes.. I tried that. Was on the phone for over 2 hours with Samsung. they were of no help. I contacted PlayStore and they gave me a $10 credit to buy it again.. even though I originally got it through Samsung.. Go Google!

That was nice of Google to do that. The Samsung problem is weird. I purchased ArtRage from their Galaxy Store and was able to download it on all 3 of my Note tablets and download it again after a factory reset. I registered all my tablets with them and I have an account at the main website and not just with the Galaxy App Store, so maybe that's it.