ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Land Ahoy

Land Ahoy

But another Vessel is anchored near the cave entrance, could we be too late ?......

Hope you like the picture, regards to all....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land Ahoy.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	439.4 KB 
ID:	85974  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Fantastic light and story to this.

I agree this is a phenomenal storytelling picture. I think you really pulled it off with great drama and of course your description really adds a lot of interest. I love the sense of distance that you gave contrasted with the urgency of getting to the secreted treasure before your competitors. I love the atmospheric contrast in that fog or mist where it goes from rather dark to bright white. it lends a wonderful quality of mystery that reminds me of some of the old black-and-white movies, like the original King Kong with this being atmospheric like Kong Island. I expect to have high adventure, where not only are there pirates, but also possibly dinosaurs or mysterious creatures of all fancies.

The painting of this is really, really strong Jack. I love the water. Is that a technique that you got from Peter Pinckney? I've been meaning to try that for years now, but never had a reason to paint the ocean. But I always admired that trick, and you did a great job with it, whether it's your own or whether you learn the technique somewhere else.

Anyway really super Jack-o. You're really bringing these fantastic stories to a place where we can hop on board to share in the adventure.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

just a beautiful painting, a romantic and mysterious looking island far from ordinary... I totally agree with Mr D Akey's comments.

I love the water -- just the right amount of detail, contrasting with the crispness of the ship. Makes me think this is the calm before the storm...

What an astounding, wide view and lighting! One of Your best in my opinion. Congrats!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

this looks very great