ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion. ArtRage in different languages

Suggestion. ArtRage in different languages

Just an idea of mine. There are a lot of programs which have numerous languages, meaning I can switch to (interface will be translated) any of them in one-click. Most of the time the reason for this is that original translation is in a text or other text-like or simply open format. For instance, in FTRush (the best ftp client), all translations are in /languages/ format. What it means is that people can easily submit translations they made to developers. It's a win/win thing really, since 1. if a developer doesnt like or want to accept (include it programs distributive) a translation, author can simply enjoy it (the translation he/she made) himself 2. anyone can make a translation for him/her -self and use it.

Any chance this could be implemented in ArtRage? I mean, I personally could't care less about this feature since I'm fluent in English and thus I have no problems whatsoever with using ArtRage without any language-related additions. BUT I can bet my bottom a lot of people who aren't fluent would be THRILLED to have AR in their own language. And again, keep in mind, I'm only talking about translating the whole interface and not help files (that would require WAY too much effort).

So anyhow, I really do think such a change could potentially result in a lot more sales and more satisfied people. So having translations in a text-like format OR making a utility (in case you want in in a custom format) using which one is able to generate & alter existing translations would simply be a kicker for both you and your users community!

Well, just my 2 cents

All the best,
    Diam0nd.

P.S. I personally would contribute at least 1 translation!
    ArtRage v3.0.4 Studio
    Wacom Graphire4 Classic XL (White Edition)

Hi Diamond,

ArtRage does come in a few other languages.

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged P
    Hi Diamond,

ArtRage does come in a few other languages.

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragedown.html

Phil
    Hmmm... Dunno what to say really . I mean, thanks, but a. I knew that b. There are lots more languages in this world than english, french, german (so right now AR is basically translated only in 2 languages, other than english). Yes, those are the major ones, but there are lots more. Anyhow, it was just a suggestion of mine, nothing more
    ArtRage v3.0.4 Studio

and well if you speak japanese....http://content.e-frontier.co.jp/artrage/index.html

so i think this 4 languages are enough by now...because artrage has such an easy interace

greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

One of the (many!) things on our 'to do' list is to have a translators pack for ArtRage, so anyone can create a new language version.
    The goal would be to have a forum or something where translations that are done by users can be made available to anyone who wants ArtRage in that language.

We're working toward that. We do appreciate there are other languages.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    One of the (many!) things on our 'to do' list is to have a translators pack for ArtRage, so anyone can create a new language version.
    The goal would be to have a forum or something where translations that are done by users can be made available to anyone who wants ArtRage in that language.

We're working toward that. We do appreciate there are other languages.
    Exacty!

With all due respect to all the people you've commented so far, I did NOT mean anything like "developers, please translate AR to all languages". I rather meant smth like "please give people an opportuinity to translate AR if they want/need to (either simply for themselves or for the community too)". It's not about how many languages AR has now, but rather about how many can it have IF it had a translation tool or smth like this available

Thanks for your reply, AndyRage
    ArtRage v3.0.4 Studio

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    That would be great. Then I could make one that speaks "dude". When you close the window, it would say:

Dude! You didn't save the painting! You sure, bro?

And the choices (instead of yes/no/cancel) could be dude/no way dude/nevermind, dude.

Yeah.

I'll have some time to spare from mid june to the end of july, I may help you with the italian translation if you'd like me to. I think it would be much appreciated by the italian audience, since we are very lazy and won't consider a program made in another language most of the time, regardless of its quality.

I realize that working with Artrage it's just a matter of knowing what a canvas or an airbrush are, but as I said before, we are REALLY lazy sometimes (I am, at least).

"Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
    we are very lazy and won't consider a program made in another language most of the time, regardless of it's quality.
    How American of you! :wink: :lol:

Exchange my russian translation to 1 full ArtRage?