ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello - Work In Progress - Please Be Gentle!

Hello - Work In Progress - Please Be Gentle!

Hello all. Just testing things. Hope it's not horrid. G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Landscape_004.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	85986  
    Last edited by Big-G; 03-30-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Slight Update

Very nice, there is an air of mystery about this painting.

Thank you. Very kind.

I like it - the female form has movement. Looking forward to more.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

That's my kind of Road trip! It looks like a sachet. Indeed you do have some nice movement in her body position. Feels active. And of course thematically, it certainly begs the question and invites the viewer to participate in an explanation, and that's a wonderful device for picture making.

In a way, this reminds me of a painting done by Andrew Wyeth. He painted Christina's World, a scene that intrigued me when I was first learning painting and first discovered Andrew Wyeth, but it was not until years later that I discovered the story behind this being that she was crippled, this having a rather profound payoff to the mystery that was created by the evocative image and why he staged it as he did with her in the sea of virtually nothing with everything being so far away from her, emphasizing her perpetual difficulty getting here to there. She also had on a dress in a place where it seemed to me somewhat incongruous being that it was more of a house dress and she was out in the middle of the field. The unexpected quality makes for a compelling image, and I believe that you got that happening in your painting.

http://www.artwarestudios.com/wp-con...orld_Wyeth.jpg
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-30-2015 at 04:00 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

very nice work. I see quite a talent in the variety and use of mark making to organize this , plus it is an intriguing image. very well done and welcome Big G !.

Red face

Thank you all very much. A very kind introduction to the forum.

Welcome! Don't worry for Your start, it's hard to be fully satisfied even after many paintings and, unless You're a professional, so You can hardly expect to get a masterpiece at Your first try and without some practice with the tools at least. This paintings has several good points and interesting hints to work on furtherly.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Welcome to the forums and love the painting. I can see her walking and swaying, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Nice work. I like the movement and loose lines. Do you do storyboard art?