ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Red Road

The Red Road

Just a doodle with oil and knife.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Strong comment. Got a compelling feel between the saturated colors and the simple frankness of the description.

When one has less detail happening, then each shape and color that's present takes on more impact. And this is one of the ways to manipulate "your voice" -- by these kinds of choices. A lot of times we just try stuff out and regard these things after the spontaneity of the creative moment. But then. if it impacts us enough, we then roll it over into other paintings to try out with more of a specific curiosity when we ask ourselves "what if I tried this out for (whatever) manner of painting. But I like the color, and the shapes worked. . . I wonder what would happen if. . ."
    It's that personal artistic evolution kind of questioning that comes from trolling for artistic flair.

So what I'm getting here from the painting, without analyzing the hows and whys of it, is that I feel a specific moment, a very powerful one that comes watching a particularly beautiful transition from day to night, when details seem to fuse into larger shapes as the light diminishes. For me, were I out in the desert, I would be soon to have a fire. And it's interesting to me that this was the "reeling in" my perceptions and recalibrating from my awareness being focused on the earth and being part of that earthbound consciousness to becoming part of the night sky when the stars come out which I as viewer project will soon be happening (as I run with this scene in my mind from your painting).

Sunsets in the desert are a little like that specific metaphorical wedding moment in which they say, if there is anyone here who knows reason for the earth and the stars to not be joined, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. There are arguments in favor of remaining earth bound. But when you see the night sky with no city lights to interfere. . . wow. It's a new union.

Anyway, your painting is very strong for me. Great job.
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-29-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks DA, I'm glad you liked my little doodle - I must admit it was relaxing as I had no predetermined direction to follow.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Enug, I was transported into a warm magical evening with the strong colors of sunset and the red dirt road, it is a strong image made more powerful by its simplicity working in concert with powerful colors.. very very nice

Simple and beautiful.

Nice job Enug..

Very simple.. yet Powerful and captivating.. The colors draw you into the picture nicely..

David