ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bovine

Bovine

Usually I paint on multiple layers however, apart from the background this one was all painted on one layer.

Name:  Bovine.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  85.1 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

.... and the young bovine looks confused for being so thinly made (one layer, quite flat and slim!LOL;; that's why it has what we call a bovine glance, .e. dumb one)), but I like very much this kind of quick and spontaneous approach.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Nice character. Odd to say that about a cow. . . or excuse me, Madame Bovine here has some juicy brushwork happening. A good painting to be sure. Snappy color as well. I love the grays against that sienna. You may know more than you think. Go Enug!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

June, this is wonderful, love it, and I see some large brushstrokes in there, very, very nice

nice work for a single layer, I think cattle make for interesting paintings...

He/She looks great, June. and I like how you defined the coat with your brush strokes

Thanks dear friends for the lovely comments - alas, as quick as I found it, I've lost it again. Struggling with the next one - looseness is hard to maintain, detailing wants to take over.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Nicely done! I love the expressiveness of this piece. I think the loose colorful style was perfect for this painting. Sometimes it's not bad to let the detail take over, it just depends on your personal taste and what suits that particular piece!

~Scribbles
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Cute guy!

So cute. He is looking right at me.