ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Windows 10 Support?

Windows 10 Support?

Was wondering if the app would continue to be developed for Windows 10? HannahRage described here, http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...881#post490881, their opinion of Windows 8 Modern interface. This is leading me to believe that it might not continue development. This has caused me not purchase the app because as it is right now, in Windows 10 there is a ton of lag when using the stylus (might be due to drivers or an updated pen API or something). If it does, then I might purchase it because it just feels much better to draw with than any other app available right now to Windows 8 users, minus the desktop programs.

We currently have no specific plans for Windows 10, especially as it isn't officially available yet, so we don't have a reliable idea of how well ArtRage will transfer across. If the lag you saw is drivers, for example, then it depends on those being developed first which is entirely out of our hands.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Since Windows 10 operating system is out, will you be updating the Art Rage Touch App to use on Windows 10 tablets? I just found out that the Windows 10 tablet I am interested in does not meet the requirements for the software use. At least that is what the company is telling me. What are the Art Rage 4 software system requirements for a Windows 10 tablet?

Which company? Which tablet? ArtRage Touch should run on pretty much anything that runs Windows 10 (as should the full desktop version).

Thank you for responding Hannah. This is the Windows 10 tablet I am thinking about purchasing. http://shop.komando.com/komandotab2t...-keyboard-case I was also told that a stylus pen would not give me the professional graphic artist results with drawing and painting.

That should easily handle ArtRage Touch, and the desktop version too (You won't be able to get huge canvases on it, but you can certainly *use* it).

However, if they don't offer a pressure sensitive stylus, that's going to be frustrating - that's probably what they meant, but you might want to specifically check whether it supports pressure sensitivity at all. You can draw perfectly well with the minimum 256 pressure levels, and you don't have to have tilt, but pressure is pretty important. The desktop version of ArtRage includes pressure settings for each tool (in case you're using a mouse, or need really fine control), so you *could* work around a lack of pressure, but it will make for a less fun drawing experience.

It's not going to support an external tablet easily, as it doesn't have a USB port, so you can't work round it that way.