ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wild Winds

Wild Winds

another take on the use of a strong black shape that establishes the compositon. and the colors and turbulent brush marks help set the title.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Winds.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	85847  

The sinking of a ship after a sea battle is what I get from it. Davy Jones just got another deposit. Yar!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

... and the whale possibly causing the shipwreck is on the top right corner, dear d Akey! LOL
    using black is certainly a powerful expedient to enhance all colors chroma impression and effectiveness and this painting really has, inexplicably, a sense of whirl, with objects turning around in the painting.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Welcome back Gary! I've been enjoying you new paintings - loving all the vibrant colours and great variety of brushstrokes.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Love the contrasting colors. Nice composition.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The sinking of a ship after a sea battle is what I get from it. Davy Jones just got another deposit. Yar!
    very Nautical of you Mr D Akey!.... thanks mate!.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    ... and the whale possibly causing the shipwreck is on the top right corner, dear d Akey! LOL
    using black is certainly a powerful expedient to enhance all colors chroma impression and effectiveness and this painting really has, inexplicably, a sense of whirl, with objects turning around in the painting.
    Caesar I must confess to having a fascination with black and colors on black..

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Welcome back Gary! I've been enjoying you new paintings - loving all the vibrant colours and great variety of brushstrokes.
    Thanks June I am very happy to be back and keeping track of all the new faces and works on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebron View Post
    Love the contrasting colors. Nice composition.
    Thanks Hebron, I see you are from Seattle? we are practically neighbors then!

Beautiful colours and yes, I can see a shipwreck caused by the whale and a few jelly fish swimming around in there.
    There will certainly be some wild winds tonight about 350km up the road from us as a category 4 cyclone crosses the coast just north of Cooktown.