ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Wild Winds

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Wild Winds

    another take on the use of a strong black shape that establishes the compositon. and the colors and turbulent brush marks help set the title.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Winds.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	85847  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    The sinking of a ship after a sea battle is what I get from it. Davy Jones just got another deposit. Yar!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    ... and the whale possibly causing the shipwreck is on the top right corner, dear d Akey! LOL
    using black is certainly a powerful expedient to enhance all colors chroma impression and effectiveness and this painting really has, inexplicably, a sense of whirl, with objects turning around in the painting.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,004
    Welcome back Gary! I've been enjoying you new paintings - loving all the vibrant colours and great variety of brushstrokes.
    June.

    Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

    http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    21
    Love the contrasting colors. Nice composition.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The sinking of a ship after a sea battle is what I get from it. Davy Jones just got another deposit. Yar!
    very Nautical of you Mr D Akey!.... thanks mate!.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    ... and the whale possibly causing the shipwreck is on the top right corner, dear d Akey! LOL
    using black is certainly a powerful expedient to enhance all colors chroma impression and effectiveness and this painting really has, inexplicably, a sense of whirl, with objects turning around in the painting.
    Caesar I must confess to having a fascination with black and colors on black..

    Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Welcome back Gary! I've been enjoying you new paintings - loving all the vibrant colours and great variety of brushstrokes.
    Thanks June I am very happy to be back and keeping track of all the new faces and works on the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hebron View Post
    Love the contrasting colors. Nice composition.
    Thanks Hebron, I see you are from Seattle? we are practically neighbors then!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    385
    Beautiful colours and yes, I can see a shipwreck caused by the whale and a few jelly fish swimming around in there.
    There will certainly be some wild winds tonight about 350km up the road from us as a category 4 cyclone crosses the coast just north of Cooktown.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •