ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Monument Valley

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Monument Valley

    an American southwestern inspiration...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monument Valley.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	467.3 KB 
ID:	85819  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    385
    Wow, beautiful vibrant colours and I love the texture.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    It really conveys the landscape, but also somehow the etnographic signature of the place. Another intricate marvel of yours!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Drawn to the colors and textures

    The shapes are reminders of monument valley but the textures make me think of woven fabrics. The colorful cloth that you see in the western area. Creative work on a loom. Handmade rugs rolled up to sell. Even the threads to repair and add . Like a collage of the scenery and culture.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by vandra View Post
    Wow, beautiful vibrant colours and I love the texture.
    thanks for commenting Vandra, always appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It really conveys the landscape, but also somehow the etnographic signature of the place. Another intricate marvel of yours!
    Hi Caesar, thanks for stopping by I was as Marilyn Anne points out collapse the human and geologic fabric of a place into a single expression.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    The shapes are reminders of monument valley but the textures make me think of woven fabrics. The colorful cloth that you see in the western area. Creative work on a loom. Handmade rugs rolled up to sell. Even the threads to repair and add . Like a collage of the scenery and culture.
    Thanks I was aiming to make that kind of collage yet keep it expressive and loose.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Posts
    7,214
    Gary love the texture here and the colors, a perfect title for this painting

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Wonderful strokes, colours and textures , Gary

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Awesome. I look at this and the title leads me and I get what you were after. Very strong. But I also get the shape of a llama on the right at sunset or sunrise. Love the fiddly lines. Makes for a nice bundle of yarn on a crazy loom. Go man go! Maybe even a merry-go-round carousel horse thingy. Also very possible in my mind's eye springboarding off this.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Awesome. I look at this and the title leads me and I get what you were after. Very strong. But I also get the shape of a llama on the right at sunset or sunrise. Love the fiddly lines. Makes for a nice bundle of yarn on a crazy loom. Go man go! Maybe even a merry-go-round carousel horse thingy. Also very possible in my mind's eye springboarding off this.
    thanks D Akey... like your description of the fiddly lines... well put!..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Wonderful strokes, colours and textures , Gary
    thanks justjean

    Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary love the texture here and the colors, a perfect title for this painting
    thanks Pat I was trending back into desert colors again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •