ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flipping the page quickly

Flipping the page quickly

All -- I'm going to use artrage at a drawing session. I need to be able to sketch on a page for a couple of minutes and then flip to a new, clean page. Is there a way to do that without having to go through the various prompts for saving each sheet and setting the canvas features for the next sheet. All those steps take too much time. I would like to be able to flip from one page to the next almost like tearing off sheets from a sketchbook.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!

Thanks.

Sounds to me like using Layers would get you what you want, no?
    I've done this doing 2 or 5min gesture drawings. When the time was up, (and/or the layer was full), I just hid it and started on a new layer for the next pose.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

yes indeed, the layer option seems to be the best as you can open and close a layer is fractions of seconds,when 1 layer is full, you can click the + buttons and with your pen or mouse close the eye of the layer that is full.
    Or ? maybe a "script"? if you created ,while recording, a page with the dimensions you want,save that script and when played? it created a page for you and you just have to stop the play each time you have a new page (on a new layer)
    Plz some1 correct me if i'm wrong here?

There's a couple options available, depending on what features you're expecting to use during the demonstration. If you're just using ArtRage as a "Whiteboard", I'd definitely say use the layers, as has already been suggested, because you can set a Shortcut key to hide the current layer and then another to create a new layer to work on. This would make getting a clean slate nearly instantaneous. However, since you're saying that you're using the program for a "drawing session", it may get troublesome to use the layers this way. Especially if you're planning to demonstrate the layers as a feature, themselves. So, if that's the case, or you have some other reason for not using layers as your "pages", you may want to think about using a saved ArtRage .ptg file as a "starter page". Then, when you need a new workspace, you can just open the "starter page.ptg" (which will be listed in the Recent File listing). It will essentially reset the program (in terms of canvas size, grain and color, toolbox presets, stencils opened, etc) to the way you had saved it. Also, by placing this saved .ptg onto your desktop, you could just drag the file on top of ArtRage and drop it, which would trigger ArtRage to open the clean file. That would save you the time from needing to go to "File > New Painting" altogether, with the only extra step needed being to select the "Don't Save" option, for the changes you made to the last page.

(EDIT) - Just wanted to include this video I had made a while back, which demonstrates what I mean about using a .ptg file as a default canvas setup. Video Link
    Last edited by Someonesane; 03-14-2015 at 03:13 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Someonesane, the link takes you to YouTube but there is no video to play.

i have no diff seeing the vid's....playing good

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Someonesane, the link takes you to YouTube but there is no video to play.
    Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe this one will work better: LINK

Strange. That one worked fine. All I got before was a black rectangle but no video controls...thanks for the other link.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Strange. That one worked fine. All I got before was a black rectangle but no video controls...thanks for the other link.
    I didn't realize it before, but the other link (which I copy/pasted from the "Share" box of my video) included an auto-play code, which would trigger the video to move onto the next video in my playlist of my personal ArtRage related videos, upon completion. I suppose it may have something to do with the reason you were having trouble viewing it, because the last link doesn't include that bit in the link.

Thanks for all the great tips! I wound up doing exactly what was recommended. Once I completed a 2 minute gesture drawing, I opened a new layer and made the lower one invisible. I repeated these steps after each 2 minute gesture. At the end of the session, I saved each drawing by making only that layer visible and then saving. Is that the most efficient way of saving the drawing? Should delete all the other layers before saving? Would that make the file size smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I didn't realize it before, but the other link (which I copy/pasted from the "Share" box of my video) included an auto-play code, which would trigger the video to move onto the next video in my playlist of my personal ArtRage related videos, upon completion. I suppose it may have something to do with the reason you were having trouble viewing it, because the last link doesn't include that bit in the link.