ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to mirror an image

How to mirror an image

I cannot mirror an image or a selected part of it. Edit - transorm isnt doing it, then it just changes the size.

So how can i mirror a layer?

Best,
    lio

After you've initiated the Transformation (so you have the transformation rig around the selection or layer), you just need to hit either your "H" key (to flip horizontally) or your "V" key (to flip Vertically).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

It's so ***** that AR can't flip images easily... I have it on my feature request, I'll post it soon.

While pressing H and V are quicker, you can also right click on the selected transformation for an option to 'Flip Horizontal' or 'Flip Vertical'.

Name:  flip transformation.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  42.6 KB

@kurt, I'm sorry to hear that you don't think it's easy. I'm not sure how it could be made simpler, though of course, we do appreciate feedback.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I'm gathering a list of improvements that could help... at least me; I'll post it soon.

In SB pro/Photoshop I can set a shortcut for it. Additionally, in SB Pro I can put it in "gesture" menu. I'm using it very often. One swipe and I got mirrored image.
    In art rage I have to use http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/ to get similar thing.

Name:  0iDNkqn.png
Views: 431
Size:  23.6 KB

Just a moment... Are you trying to mirror the canvas to get a quick look the image balance or for anatomy anomalies? If so, holding down the "H" key horizontally mirrors the canvas (without needing to make any sort of selections), allowing the user to see what errors may be preset. Unfortunately, while you can work on the image while it's flipped, we've yet to get a toggle switch for this feature, so releasing the "H" key immediately springs the image back to its original orientation.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    While pressing H and V are quicker, you can also right click on the selected transformation for an option to 'Flip Horizontal' or 'Flip Vertical'.

Name:  flip transformation.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  42.6 KB

@kurt, I'm sorry to hear that you don't think it's easy. I'm not sure how it could be made simpler, though of course, we do appreciate feedback.
    I find that you can duplicate the layer you want to mirror and then use the transform tool and right click and flip vertical or horizontal. You can the move the image where you want. You can shape the "mirror" image with the transform tool.