ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Washed out appearance -- ?

Washed out appearance -- ?

I am working on a sketch. I drew it the way I always do using the pencil tool. But when I lay in the color, the color is washed out. Solid black looks like a light gray. The problem persists regardless of the media: pencil, oil paint, or water color. I have the Thinner levels very low, so I know that the issue isn't the consistency of the paint. And when I save the image and open a new canvas, the colors are correct -- nice and rich and dark. Any idea what's going on? I did use a layer just to check dimensions, but I deleted the layer and, I believe, am working directly on the original image. Cutting and pasting the drawing does not resolve the problem.

Thanks!

The only time I've seen anything like that was when I had a tracing layer in the file. Do you have one in there?

Yep, sounds like there's a tracing image active.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    to see your actual colours. turn off visibility of your trace image.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)