Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Surface Pen Lag/Click recognition problem

Has anyone had any forward movement with this issue? I tried a few things to no avail. The scratch paper does seam to remember the last stroke pressure and use that but the sliders I still need to do by touch.

Any progress? Anything I can do?

Sorry to bump. I'd love an progress update on the palette issue on the surface pro 3

I'm on the fence about getting a Surface Pro 3 or a Macbook Pro with Intuos tablet and would like to know as well, if the Surface Pro issue will be resolved. The 10" iPad screen is just to small for my aging eyes. Works great but is to small. If Apple would just bring out the iPad Pro then I would be set for traveling!
    Robert Hopkins

We've still not been able to replicate the problem regardless of which drivers we install, which means there's no solution in the works right now. If you are seeing the problem you may be able to help us find out what's going on if you can send us a full list of services running on your device. Because we know that the device works out of the box, it's likely that something else installed on the system is responsible for the issue. While we haven't been able to track down what, it's likely that a device driver (possibly installed to add support for apps that don't support the current standard) is responsible. If we can get a full list of what's running on the device (the Processes and Services lists from the Task Manager should suffice) we can at least do a comparison here and see if we can spot anything unusual.

If you're experiencing the problem, feel free to mail that list to [email protected] and we can take a look.

Thanks for the follow up Matt! Much appreciated.
    Robert Hopkins

After reinstalling windows today (windows 10 though), it does indeed seem to work out of the box. I don't know what I have had installed that might have interfered on my previous installation, apart from wintab and radial menu. I have reinstalled wintab, and it is still working so far. I will probably be installing radial menu later, so we'll see if it perhaps causes some issue then

All seems to be working for me with radial menu installed as well. Weird I am getting a crash here and there though, but that is probably not related.

Guess I spoke too soon. Upon uninstalling and then reinstalling wintab (trying to get krita pressure sensitivity and rightclick to work), it appears that artrage has redeveloped the unresponsive palette issue.

Uninstalling wintab, radial menu and artrage, and then reinstalling artrage only does not seem to correct the issue either.

Which wintab driver are you installing? I've used the nTrig driver without any problems. One other thing to note is that uninstalling ArtRage does not clear the preferences, resetting preferences via the prefs panel should revert the application to its original state. Because ArtRage doesn't do anything at a system level there's no reason that resetting prefs wouldn't reset all relevant tablet IO behaviour to exactly the same state it was when it was working so, while I don't like to sound like I'm trying to shift blame, it does sound like something in one of the other utilities you installed has left something resident after uninstall that is interfering with stylus input.