Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Surface Pen Lag/Click recognition problem

Quote Originally Posted by Leeahd View Post
    I do have it installed BUT I had the problem before I installed it (also I don't have it running automatically so most of the time it's off)

Also I do have wintab drivers but I uninstalled them and still have the problem. I re-installed them as I need it for a program and things are still the same. I did all the artrage preference configurations that were suggested. I haven't uninstalled surface hub yet, I'm a little reluctant because it sounds like that didn't help you with your problem.
    Ok, so that is probably not the issue it seems. Yeah, I tried uninstalling the surface hub here as well, withoug any luck. Hopefully the artrage people have got something up their sleeve

I had an issue some time ago with the windows ink settings and my tablet not working properly because of it. . . I wonder if something about how the driver for the stylus is coded is causing a similar issue with your Surface Pro? Is there any setting for turning off windows ink while you are using ArtRage? I don't even know if that's possible on the Surface Pro as the most comparable thing I have is my laptop which is running Windows 8.1 and my Wacom tablet, different but similar hardware and tools.

Maybe that will help or at least get people thinking in a different way of fixing this.

We're looking in to this currently - The Surface Pro 3 uses an nTrig driver and there isn't an option to stop it sending Windows Ink. So far we've been able to confirm one case where the device also had an additional nTrig Wintab driver installed (to allow apps that only support the older Wintab system to work) but removing it didn't seem to help. As we haven't been able to replicate the problem on a 'box standard' Surface Pro 3 it seems like something additional installed on the devices is doing this and the Wintab driver is the most likely suspect so we're going to see if we can break our own device here to work out what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    ...we're going to see if we can break our own device here to work out what's going on!
    Dedication.. I Like that!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    We're looking in to this currently - The Surface Pro 3 uses an nTrig driver and there isn't an option to stop it sending Windows Ink. So far we've been able to confirm one case where the device also had an additional nTrig Wintab driver installed (to allow apps that only support the older Wintab system to work) but removing it didn't seem to help. As we haven't been able to replicate the problem on a 'box standard' Surface Pro 3 it seems like something additional installed on the devices is doing this and the Wintab driver is the most likely suspect so we're going to see if we can break our own device here to work out what's going on!
    Any chance you were able to recreate the problem?

We haven't been able to replicate the problem yet with the driver combination that we thought might be causing the problem. Our next step is to try installing the menu utility that we've seen a couple of people mention - It's a possibility that this is causing the problem but apparently turning it off isn't fixing it so I'm not holding my breath.

If that doesn't work I'm going to see if we can gather some full service lists from everyone having the problem so that we can look for common causes.

I noticed something interesting and wanted to see if anyone else experienced it and maybe it'd give incite into things. I open a scrap paper panel to use for mixing. when I go to paint in it sometimes it gives me a small mark, as if my normal brush was sized down to the praportioanl size of the little scrap paper. other times it makes a big mark as if I'm using the same brush on the canves and the scrap paper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (68).jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	86467

Yes, I have a similar behaviour here, although it seems that when painting on the scrap it remembers the pressure/size from the end of the last brush stroke on the canvas.

Screenshot is with every other stroke done on the scrap, drawn vertically downward. The width in the scrap looks to me to match (-ish) the lower part of the stroke on the canvas?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (16).jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	86468

herrkjeldsen

I see something on your screenshot that I want to ask you about but it's not artrage related and there is no PM. If you're ok with it, is there some way we can connect outside of here, by email or facebook or something? If you google or facebook my name you will find me. As a fellow surface owner if you're ok with it please contact me. If you're not, no problem, I understand and hopefuly we can figure this artrage/surface issue out

Hi leeahd
    Just in case you missed it (and its not some technical problem at your end) to send a PM to another forum user;
    Once you are signed in to the AR forums, click on your user name or the 'My Profile' at the top right of any forum page. On the left of the page that then opens is a panel showing your user name & avatar under which are 3 options. The first of these will bring up the page allowing you to compose and send a PM to another user.
    Further settings for the forum Private Messaging service can be found by clicking on "Forum Actions", again at the top of any forum page, and choosing 'General Settings'.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by markw; 05-09-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram