Thread: Clean brush in ArtRage Vitae Mobile?

Clean brush in ArtRage Vitae Mobile?

I'm new to ArtRage and have plunged right in with both the Windows and Android versions. What a wonderful tool! On the mobile version, however, I cannot seem to find a "clean brush" option while using oil brushes. On Windows, when "auto-clean" is off, a cup appears for cleaning the brush. I don't see any similar cup on Android. Am I missing it somehow or is there another way to clean? Thanks in advance for the help.

Mobile Waterglass

New user on here – first post
    I concur on this above question here as I think it's an important one, and for years on end now I've been pining for this nifty feature of the desktop program's UI to make it to the mobile version too. It was always a simple, small and very useful pod; there should be room for that on even a phonescreen size workspace. So before upgrading to the Vitae version that I just got wind of today, I'd like to get up to speed over this one. Though in the version comparison's page I couldn't find a single mention of the "waterglass", so it's too early to set my hopes up.

Hello to jeg8 and I'm sorry no one noticed your post. Hello also and welcome to the forum graychen - sadly, there is no water glass in the android version of ArtRage Vitae. However, in Tool Settings there is a box to tick to choose auto clean which gives the same result.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hello to jeg8 and I'm sorry no one noticed your post. Hello also and welcome to the forum graychen - sadly, there is no water glass in the android version of ArtRage Vitae. However, in Tool Settings there is a box to tick to choose auto clean which gives the same result.
    Thanks a lot anyway, your quick reply this time around goes much appreciated. It's rather the bother of going into the brushsettings every time you'd want to toggle this auto-cleaning marker that made me adamant about this lacking feature. Should you happen to know that it's there in some hidden corner still, and could be activated/dipped into by using a shortcut on a paired bluetooth keyboard, then please come again.
    Last edited by graychen; 09-14-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeg8 View Post
    I'm new to ArtRage and have plunged right in with both the Windows and Android versions. What a wonderful tool! On the mobile version, however, I cannot seem to find a "clean brush" option while using oil brushes. On Windows, when "auto-clean" is off, a cup appears for cleaning the brush. I don't see any similar cup on Android. Am I missing it somehow or is there another way to clean? Thanks in advance for the help.
    I have the same question

This question was also answered in the above posts.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]