ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: two annoying problems

two annoying problems

Hi folks

I recently reformatted my comp and redownloaded artrage..the tool slider and the straight line thingy wont work. I uninstalled and reinstalled..no joy

I know there are other ways to resize but I like the slider lol

Hope you can help
    moosie :d
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

This kind of thing usually relates to input drivers - Could you let us know what input device you're using?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

input device as in gateway laptop with windows 8.1 ?....I bet you need more system info right?

...artrage has been on this laptop for several years and wasn't till I reformatted and downloaded it again that it went wonky
    .................................................. .............................
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.
    Author Unknown

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Input device as in 'what you're using to create input'. So: Mouse, touch screen, drawing tablet, stylus on screen?

But we did need the OS info too!
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

artrage wrked fine on 8.1 before I reformatted

.....wired mouse
    .....windows 8.1 64bit
    Author Unknown

Okay, no graphics tablet at all?

When you say the 'tool slider and the straight line thingy', do you mean when you press shift or ctrl (modifer keys) to change size/draw a straight line?

Do those keys work normally elsewhere as shift or ctrl?

hi Hannah

no graphics tablet.
    shift/control work fine with everything else just wont allow me to make a straight line or use slider
    I'm using version 4.5.4...is it possible to go back to 4...
    Author Unknown

Can you try:

1. Alt + Click to sample colour - does that work?

2. Go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device and turn OFF both Wintab and RealTime Stylus.
    Restart ArtRage and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie View Post

I'm using version 4.5.4...is it possible to go back to 4...
    It is, actually. Just download the 'Windows XP' option from the member area, instead of the normal 'Windows' option. This will give you version 4.0.6.
    This probably isn't going to solve it though.

...AHA!!! I knew there was a simple fix lolol...Thanks Hannah
    Author Unknown