Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking In: Forum feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    Hi Hannah,

I have noticed that some frequent long time users in the forum create a single thread and keep adding their work to it: I think this is great because you can easily see all their work and comments about it. I don't know if there is a limit on that size for not but it must be quite large in any case. It would be great if we could "merge" all our past threads into a single one if we chose to, or organize them into some year-month folders... just a few thoughts..
    Great idea, being able to merge our own past threads in some way. I started doing a "single" thread approach a few years back because I wanted to keep stuff together, and fell in love with it. I've a lot of old threads I'd love to be able to merge by certain topics if there was an easy way to do it.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Good idea, byroncallas. One thread there has 961 pages, started 5 years ago! with the subject line " Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5."...have no idea what that means. No one would go through all those pages unless they were here when those threads started, there are a few of them. Personally, I'd like to see a separate one done for each new painting started by members. Just keeps things looking current imo

Edit: Plus having to re-find the threads to re-post in them each time must be tedious.
    Last edited by hildee; 05-02-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hildee View Post
    Good idea, byroncallas. One thread there has 961 pages, started 5 years ago! with the subject line " Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5."...have no idea what that means. No one would go through all those pages unless they were here when those threads started, there are a few of them. Personally, I'd like to see a separate one done for each new painting started by members. Just keeps things looking current imo

Edit: Plus having to re-find the threads to re-post in them each time must be tedious.
    Thanks Hildee. I suspect this is one of those different strokes for different folks kind of things. For example, the Bus Sketch thread has something like 400,000 views, the most by leaps and bounds of any thread in the forum. It's a living, breathing entity for those who want to engage it, full of lively exchange that has taken on a life of its own. Lots of people engage it. Different people come in and out of it over time. It's clear, from reading the posts, that many have perused it and found delight at various points in its history. The MOARA thread started by Lima years ago is another great example. These threads may not be for everybody, but they are certainly beloved by many who have stayed engaged with them over many years. Of course, many (probably most) people enjoy the process of posting a new painting, have a short-term engagement about it, and moving on to the next thing. I like that too. It's great that the forum accommodates both. Both together provide rich texture for engagement in the forum. The idea to be able to pull together a collection of past threads thematically, for example, is an idea to add another layer of subject matter organization and participation texture, though I gather from Hannah it may not be technically achievable near term. If it ever is, no doubt the inventive people who participate in this wonderful forum will find terrific ways put it to good use.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Quote Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
    Hi

It would be great if the combined knowledge of a topic was sifted out and placed in a pdf or the like.
    i.e. "Everything about resolution" etc.

Michael
    Perhaps when I have a century to spare...

We're trying to improve the actual website's resources and tutorials, and that does include paying attention to the information in the forums. However, there are an awful lot of posts, and a lot of outdated (though once brilliant) information. It would be very good if we could organise it a bit better, but it may have to be a community effort.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Great idea, being able to merge our own past threads in some way. I started doing a "single" thread approach a few years back because I wanted to keep stuff together, and fell in love with it. I've a lot of old threads I'd love to be able to merge by certain topics if there was an easy way to do it.
    I can merge them for people on request. Send me a PM with details if anyone wants something merged - though if the result is too confusing, I reserve the right to not do it

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Hi Hannah,

We used to be able to type posts with WISIWYG. But now we have to use code for lots of stuff. It would be so much better if we could go back.
    Noted. Unfortunately, that falls under 'stuff the forum just can't do right now'.

Just a tip: common shortcuts like ctrl + b for bold will still work, so you can type normally, and it will insert the code for you.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Perhaps when I have a century to spare...

We're trying to improve the actual website's resources and tutorials, and that does include paying attention to the information in the forums. However, there are an awful lot of posts, and a lot of outdated (though once brilliant) information. It would be very good if we could organise it a bit better, but it may have to be a community effort.
    Here goes... http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...-posts-project

Works fine for me. I don't require any changes....except for a lazyboy recliner to sit in while I read.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

just testing ....bye
    no seriously..I just wanted to see the amazing colours of atrRage in my test avatar
    ...no really I'm here to say hi all..
    phew! there's some long thread topics here

Need explanation

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Noted. Those are all a little beyond our current forum software, but we'll keep them in mind.

You can currently link directly to a post. If you click the little number in the top right of your post (e.g. #2 ) it's a link directly to that post.

E.g. http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...683#post490683

Attachment 85718
    I guess I am lost here,why click on the # when I am already looking at the post?What do mean by link directly?

Does anyone sign up for tutorial courses i.e.: Lynda.com?I find, like any manual I have ever read that there is always something missing, The instructor knows what and where to go to,but fails to give adequate guidance.

What reasoning is there to go to other sites to talk about AR when this site contains so much,other than a sales idea?

????

You can currently link directly to a post. If you click the little number in the top right of your post (e.g. #2 ) it's a link directly to that post.

E.g. http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...683#post490683

Attachment 85718[/QUOTE]

I guess I am lost here,why click on the # when I am already looking at the post?What do mean by link directly?

Does anyone sign up for tutorial courses i.e.: Lynda.com?I find, like any manual I have ever read that there is always something missing, The instructor knows what and where to go to,but fails to give adequate guidance.

What reasoning is there to go to other sites to talk about AR when this site contains so much,other than a sales idea?

If you want to share the information in a particular post you can Right click on that number e.g. #2 and chose from the options to share the link to that post.

Like I just did to link to your post (#19) https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...900#post509900
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/