ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Checking In: Forum feedback thread

Checking In: Forum feedback thread

Hey guys! I just wanted to check in with everyone and find out if the forum is working for you all, or if you have an ideas that you'd like to suggest about the way it's organised or moderated?

Does everything makes sense? Is there something missing? Do you feel safe posting here?

We're pretty active all over the Internet on Facebook and deviantART now. Would you like to hear about it in the forums, or would you rather keep the spaces separate? Would you like us to post updates whenever we publish a new article or artist feature?

We do have a few limitations with the forum software, so I can't promise changes, but I'm very interested in the opinions of the people who actually use it everyday (or don't use it, for reasons that I can help with). I'm also very interested in people's ideas for possible future improvements.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Ok, so my hope is that we could have a way to add a favorite button to forum posts. Sort of a rating system for threads. A star rating from 1 to 5 that we could click on WHILE we are viewing a post.

A way we could click on a button to share directly to the ArtRage Page on FaceBook. I would want to share not only images directly from our individual galleries but maybe even posts from the forums?

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Victor

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    BTW, you guys are brilliant. You must be moderating the forums A LOT. Because, I find it so very clean.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

I think a thumbs up would be nicer than a rating system and it would keep the friendliness of our forum alive

A favourite or thumbs up would be good. Also an Earburn, where if you name a user in a thread, they are notified.

Noted. Those are all a little beyond our current forum software, but we'll keep them in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post

A way we could click on a button to share directly to the ArtRage Page on FaceBook. I would want to share not only images directly from our individual galleries but maybe even posts from the forums?
    You can currently link directly to a post. If you click the little number in the top right of your post (e.g. #2 ) it's a link directly to that post.

E.g. http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...683#post490683

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forum post link.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	85718
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi

It would be great if the combined knowledge of a topic was sifted out and placed in a pdf or the like.
    i.e. "Everything about resolution" etc.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Micmac View Post
    Hi

It would be great if the combined knowledge of a topic was sifted out and placed in a pdf or the like.
    i.e. "Everything about resolution" etc.

Michael
    I second this times 1000.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Hi Hannah,

We used to be able to type posts with WISIWYG. But now we have to use code for lots of stuff. It would be so much better if we could go back.

I agree with the post suggesting to organize posts for like topics and combined wisdom together in some way. That suggestion is gold, even as I can see it is challenging and maybe not accomplishable right now.

I've been a way for a while, but popping in, I see this remains one of the more terrific and collegiate forums I have ever encountered on the internet, as well as helpful and enlightening.

All best,
    b

EDIT: PS: I suggest you make this a "sticky" post to keep it up front for people to see, or otherwise, bounce it up every couple of days if you want people to see it.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 05-02-2015 at 07:41 AM.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Hi Hannah,

I have noticed that some frequent long time users in the forum create a single thread and keep adding their work to it: I think this is great because you can easily see all their work and comments about it. I don't know if there is a limit on that size for not but it must be quite large in any case. It would be great if we could "merge" all our past threads into a single one if we chose to, or organize them into some year-month folders... just a few thoughts..