ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wierd Mouse cursor issue? (TC4400 Tablet PC)

  1. #1

    Wierd Mouse cursor issue? (TC4400 Tablet PC)

    Technical Specs:

    1. Vista Ultimate x86
    2. HP Tablet TC4400 (updated drivers)
    3. 1.5 Gig of Ram
    4. Latest version of ArtRage 2

    Issue:

    Whenever I have Art Rage open and I "un-focus" it (for instance, go to the desktop). My cursor changes into a blob like cursor. Not until I open another application does it revert back to it's original cursor.

    I am trying to get a screenshot but the screenshots doesn't capture the cursor of my mouse. I will attempt with a digital camera but I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

    Anyone ever run into this issue? It has something to do with Art Rage because it only happens whenever I have that application open.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    398
    hi nutsnbolts, we meet again

    I haven't ever heard of Artrage causing that. Nor does it do that on my tc4400 with the latest version of Artrage. My guess is that it has something to do with Vista. Hopefully the Artrage team can track this one down for you.

    ... And welcome to the forum, btw.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,504
    Hi nutsnbolts. Very strange, I haven't heard of that before. If you can get a shot with a camera so I can understand the look of the cursor, that might be helpful in understanding what's going on. Does it make any difference whether you have precise cursors enabled / disabled in the Edit, Preferences Menu?

    If you have a screenshot or any further information, you can feel free to email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com and I can work through it with you to see what we can find out.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PVIllustration
    hi nutsnbolts, we meet again

    I haven't ever heard of Artrage causing that. Nor does it do that on my tc4400 with the latest version of Artrage. My guess is that it has something to do with Vista. Hopefully the Artrage team can track this one down for you.

    ... And welcome to the forum, btw.
    Yes, indeed we meet again. LOL. Good to see a familiar face. It could have something to do with Vista.

    After perusing through the website, I noticed that there is ArtRage Wacom Edition 2.2.10. I have 2.2.9. I did try to do an Update using the utility but it says I have the latest version.

    First question: Any other way to download it? Is there something wrong with my download utility?

    About the problem being Vista, ArtRage is the only application that this happens. I will take some screenshots and post it now.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Hi nutsnbolts. Very strange, I haven't heard of that before. If you can get a shot with a camera so I can understand the look of the cursor, that might be helpful in understanding what's going on. Does it make any difference whether you have precise cursors enabled / disabled in the Edit, Preferences Menu?

    If you have a screenshot or any further information, you can feel free to email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com and I can work through it with you to see what we can find out.
    Here we go. Not the best pictures but hopefully you can see. I will email you the pictures, as well as, post them here so everyone else can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,504
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts
    After perusing through the website, I noticed that there is ArtRage Wacom Edition 2.2.10. I have 2.2.9. I did try to do an Update using the utility but it says I have the latest version.

    First question: Any other way to download it? Is there something wrong with my download utility?

    About the problem being Vista, ArtRage is the only application that this happens. I will take some screenshots and post it now.
    ArtRage Wacom Edition has a separate update for Vista compatibility related to recognition of a Wacom tablet being installed. This isn't relevant for the standard version of ArtRage which I assume you're using there, as it had no such difficulty in Vista so didn't require an update. Hope that helps clarify things - If you're using ArtRage, the standard full edition, you have the latest version and your download utility is working correctly.

    Thanks for the screenshots, I'll see what I can come up with here and email you back.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

  7. #7
    Thanks! I have Wacom Penabled tablet so Im presuming that this Version was what I needed. let me know what you come up with. I'm anxious on getting this resolved.

    Thanks Again!!

  8. #8
    Well, I solved this issue and yes, it wasn't artrage.

    It had something to do with my Video drivers. I noticed that HP release new video drivers and when running the .exe file for it, it stated that I had the latest and it didn't do anything else.

    I found it strictly odd how it's a completely new version yet it's telling me that I have the latest. After doing a bit more research on it and reading over the installation instructions, I actually had to do it manually pointing to the right .ini file and bam! after installing/updating it, restarted and this no longer is an issue.

    Ironically, I don't know if this new video drivers was the fix but I'm presuming that the manner on installing the video drivers was the cause of it all.

    Just information for anyone else that my incur the same symptoms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •