ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Art pen rotation

Wacom Art pen rotation

I am using a Wacom Cintiq 24HD touch with a new Wacom "art pen", and after looking around online and changing the settings in the stylus properties I still see no control over the rotation of my tools, the palette knife being the one I specifically purchased the pen for. I would like to be able to take all rotation control away from the program and let the pen do it all. Is this possible? Twisting the pen in my fingers to get the angle I need would be preferable to the automatic adjusting which sometimes gives me little swirls as the pen finds it's direction. Thank you for your help, loving the program either way!

In the tool settings (where you change loading, thinners, etc.) there is a checkbox labeled "lock rotation" and you can check that and then you should be able to use the art pen as you indicated.

http://www.artrage.com/manuals/tools-and-presets/

Thanks rscottfree, that did it! Not sure how I missed that, works perfect now.

It works great on the oil brush as well, and allows you to move between a broad and narrow stroke; just set the aspect of the round brush (in the settings again) down a bit and you get a brush somewhat like a filbert.