Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A collective ArtRage project #2

A collective ArtRage project #2

Hi y'all

I'm jumping head first, and posting a new canvas base, for starting a second Collective fun project.

It's quite simple, really:
    I fetched a sticker from a Sticker Sheet, and with the Transform handles I made it almost as big as the canvas. All the beige/brown/grey, that's the Sticker, and it's called "Wrapped Candy". This does not have to influence the direction of the piece, it's not a theme, it's just a handy quick base to break the white canvas.
    Then I added a few wide brushstrokes of Oil in purple, and then dragged it with a knife.

I started this canvas at a familiar size for me, but it can be modified if need be.
    size: 10" x8" = 2000pix x 1600pix
    resolution: 200pixels

Have fun

And by the way, this doesn't mean that the 1st collective canvas is finished yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage Collective#2- wrapped candy 01a.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	85559  

I wanna play ;D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage Collective#2- wrapped candy 01a.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	85565

OK. Thank you, dear Rachelle and HannahRage for giving the A, as we idiomatically say meaning to kick off, to this new Project.
    This far I see it as Cosmological Abstraction , Rachelle's new movement, with a Symbolist opening by HannahRage (it must be a real fun and challenge to move such a noble hosting guest!). I therefore looked for some of my past divertissement elements and adapted/ blended them appropriately as shapes, tones and chromatically. I also gave some more definition to the Holy Spirit flying over the ancestral waters spreading blessings, complacence and life ... (any other right and valid interpretation or intuitive impression may be found by anyone else though).
    I hope I didn't mess up or defined too much or strictly a route with my insertions and early interpretation ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

It looks like this one is less appealing this far. Time to introduce a funny addition then ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Added a flying face melty thingy.

I tried to keep the texture of the canvas but couldn't quite figure out how to do it. I managed to apply a little by using the fill with a paper grain and then fiddling with the blend modes. Is there an easier way to do this, just to let the canvas texture come straight through after the painting has been finished?

Name:	ArtRageCollab2RedSaucers.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	85637  

Hey Red
    I'm just jumping in quick-quick (mouth full with supper!)

Start a thread with your question in one of the Tech or Tips sort of threads, with a link to here? (for visual)
    BTW there is no strict rule that says you must keep the texture of this or that in this project, just so there is no confusion. For example, one can add texture on top of a pre-existent texture and so on, as long as we "try" to work with what is there in general

Hi guys! Interesting stuff! let's push this one out of its depths. Get out of your confort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    Added a flying face melty thingy.

I tried to keep the texture of the canvas but couldn't quite figure out how to do it. I managed to apply a little by using the fill with a paper grain and then fiddling with the blend modes. Is there an easier way to do this, just to let the canvas texture come straight through after the painting has been finished?
    You wouldn't be able to, because everything's being uploaded as a JPG or PNG. Only the original painting file would keep the texture.

You could change the canvas grain after opening the file to add a texture.

Well done, dear RedSaucer! Good choice this sort of Holy Alien Shroud of Yours! It looks like You got Your answer, but You made me think that providing an additional information on sheet type and settings may be helpful to keep the textural aspect, unless someone is actually looking for a better fitting one according to her/his taste ....

going for a little unity.picture I believe is back to 2000 x 1600 but the jpg format reduced the ppi to 96 I believe. Being the designer of the wrapped candy sticker I had to play.

Name:	combined artist project.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	363.2 KB 
ID:	85712  

A lump in my throat...
    I'm sad to hear about Albert Root's passing (aka screenpainer here, aka gzairborne).

He left a bagful of candies for us to share in his memory.

Thank you Albert.