ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Some more Wish-For in ArtRge 5

Lightbulb Some more Wish-For in ArtRge 5

I have already made some suggestions here: SUGGESTIONS

Here is a list of the most important I wish for:

1. 16 bits colour depth, just like in Photoshop and Krita. Would make ArtRage shine...
    2. Perspective Tools, the ones in SketchBook Pro are something really good to imitate...
    3. Alpha Masking, just like the big ones have. Makes everything so much easy...

Some good ideas from other software: the S key in SketchBook takes you back to the tool Before, hit S again and you are back to current tool. That makes it easy to switch between two brushes you are currently using.
    The E key in Krita is the Eraser, just hold it down, the brush you are using erases, let go of the E key, you are back painting = a very good idea.
    Pattern fill in ClipStudio is the best! Make a selection and fill, that opens a dialogue to scale and rotate the pattern. It also automaticly adds an alpha mask for the pattern. How great thougt out isn't that?
    Another thing: Ctrl click multiple layers and merge them into one. Like in Painter and Photoshop.
    A Colour to Alpha filter to make skanned paper drawings White (or any colour) become transparent, like in Krita and Painter. It is so Quick and easy...

Now, that completes my wish-for list in ArtRage.

Love, Peace and Rock n' Roll!
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-13-2015 at 12:51 AM.

About the tool toggle key: It works great for me to use the tool-specific keys to switch tools (O=oil, K=knife, etc.), but I would like to switch between two presets of the same tool, between a loaded and dry brush, for example. That would be handy for me.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor

I would like to see . . .

I think the option to "mark" on the reference image (whilst using the Grid function) and have that mark simultaneously appear on the painting layer would be fantastic. Perhaps, not only simple marks but also lines drawn directly on the reference image.

When I transfer an image to my canvas, I prefer the traditional method (I usually prefer this to the "much too easy" Trace function).

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)