ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Drawing constraints

Drawing constraints

I have been using Art rage more and more lately and have really started to enjoy using it. The addition of a few features might one day pull me away from adobe products entirely. Here are a couple thoughts that would speed that along. The perspective constraint would work even better if you could set multiple points out and then toggle between them and on and off rapidly. Thanks.

I guess I should add that this wasn't meant to replace the symmetry tool, which is awesome, but just as a different type of tool mode...or something. Also more symmetry divisions would be great, 12 is good but occasionally more would be helpful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage_suggestions_02.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	328.2 KB 
ID:	85479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage_suggestions_01.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	85478  
    Last edited by werezoo; 02-13-2015 at 06:31 AM.

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Hey, I like these suggestions.

The ability to constrain a straight line from a center point would be great for architectural illustrations in particular for single point perspective. Having the ability to have two or even three points simultaneously would be even better (two and three point perspective). However, I'd imagine that would be difficult to implement.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Please add this!

These suggestions would be incredibly helpful for making drawings more quickly. I'd love to see them in the next patch!

(I realize they'll probably take some time to implement, but I'd love to see them be part of AR last week when I was drawing perspective.)

Along a similar idea, I'm still crossing my fingers that we'll one day be able to have our brush completely snap the edge of guided rulers, without the line straying off. Preferably, this would be an opt-in feature or maybe require a modifier key to activate the rigid snap. It would really help when trying to outline word balloons with odd shapes, among other things.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.