ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: So ... Artrage Touch in the Windows Store

So ... Artrage Touch in the Windows Store

Best kept secret?
    Little disappointed the maximum length of a painting is 2048px.
    And it seems to run slower, although I used it on Windows 10 Tech Preview so that might be the reason.
    Is this still being developed?

We're just waiting on approval from Microsoft to announce it (we've written the announcement, it's just waiting... ). It was created in association with Microsoft developers, and was actually released before the Windows 10 preview was announced, so we haven't tested on that. So that may be the cause of the slowness - we didn't notice any issues when we were testing.

Are you on a desktop or a tablet? It's designed for tablet devices, and has to work around some limitations of the metro UI, so it's not going to be the same as the full desktop edition. Which is why it's a lot cheaper!
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

I'm running windows 10 Tech Preview on a Surface Pro 3 and Artrage Touch is very sluggish. It's amazing how many desktop level features are packed in there though. The Tech Preview currently doesn't use bottom swipes so the save function can only be used via the corner icon in windowed mode and not when the program is full screen. With the TP, everything involving win store apps is up in the air at the moment. Even Autodesk's new Sketchbook which got a nice update recently crashes on start up in the Preview.

I like using my screen as a digital art frame, and since my tablet is 2160 width, its a bummer AR T caps at 2048. And I hope the export layer function comes back, there are some great art programs in the store it could really synergize with.
    Last edited by maxfieldhalwa; 02-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Winbook?

I have just purchased a Winbook Tw801 8" tablet. I should receive it tomorrow. It does run a full 32 bit version of windows 8.1 but only has 32gb memory. I am wondering if it would be better to get the Artrage touch version for it or install the full 4.5 version. Either way, I am unlikely to have pressure sensitivity since I have not found a bluetooth stylus that I'm certain will work with it. I'm just going to use my adonit Jot Pro with it for a while and see how that goes. Any opinions?

Thanks

The full desktop version is ... well, a full program. The Touch version is a mobile app for people who can't run (or don't need) the full edition. Touch is a lot cheaper, ArtRage 4 will give you a discount on the (currently nonexistent) ArtRage 5.

There's a comparison of different features here:
    http://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/

There are free demos for both, so if you're not sure, just download them both and see.

I have owned and used the full versions of ArtRage for a number of years now, Thanks.

I was just wondering if anyone had an actual opinion about what would be a better fit on the smaller device, given the reduced hard drive space. I did install the trial Artrage Touch on my PC to have a look at it, not thinking I would have a real use for it at the time. Unfortunately my free trial time has run out so now I can't try it out without buying on the tablet.

I have used the Android version on a Galaxy Note 10.1 and I have enjoyed it. If the Artrage Touch for Windows is very similar to that it may be just fine.

Ah, well, that's probably going to be a personal judgement call. I'd go for the full version everytime, but everyone uses ArtRage differently. The Android app is actually a bit better than the Touch version, in my opinion, though they are a lot more similar than Touch and ArtRage 4 would be (we had different operating system restrictions, so the Android one has a few more features. Of course, I also intensely dislike Windows 8 Modern, so that may have coloured my experiences... )

(You CAN install ArtRage on an additional device, if you want to run ArtRage 4 on the tablet and the computer. Then if you didn't like the way it worked on the tablet, you can go ahead and buy Touch).