ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artrage for Android on Google Play (a little problem too)

Artrage for Android on Google Play (a little problem too)

Dear Artragers friend,
    I was about to purchase Artrage for Android to be used on my Samsung Galaxy 3 10" (not Note then) from Google Play (I guess it would work fine too also without special the special original Samsung pen).
    I momemtarily suspended the purchase though, because I read here the cost would have been 4.99 US$, as previously set too by directly purchasing from the Samsung site, while the price actually entering Google Play appeared to be 5.39 instead. Since 1 is still worth more than US$ it seemed strange to me and I wonder whether the currency was erroneously exchanged with each other, i.e. the cost was supposed to be 4.99 corresponding to 5.39 US$ (although it seems not the right exchange rate neither).
    Could You pls explain what is actually the price and if the extra is some sort of taxation locally applied in my country, so as to serenely proceed with the purchase without having overpayed it unnecessarily?
    Thank You in advance and Best Regards!

Cesare
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-12-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Ciao Cesare
    I was awed a bit to when I purchased it but as the price was 4.29 + VAT of the purchesors country , in my case was a plus of 24% wich made the final price 5.32 Euro. Still fair enough. Oh, yes the prices were put in euro, but my purcahse was translated automatically into local coinage.
    Hope it helps
    Last edited by Orkhan; 02-10-2015 at 12:42 AM.
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Thank You, dear Orkhan!
    I probably solved the mystery. The price 4,99 US$ are to be converted into first (about 4,41 in this period) then you have to apply the VAT, (IVA for us) which is set at 22%, so that the total would actually be 5,39 . Still a quite fair price, never had any doubt thereabout.
    OK then. Everything looks clear now!

that is great!

Got it yesterday!
    It would be fine for sketching around ... Any suggestion for a good tablet pen if a cheap standard one isn't good enough? (I've got a Samsung Tab3 10")

I have a stylus with a soft brush on one end. http://www.stylusshop.com.au/product...o-brush-stylus There is also the Nomad which I think is about the same price.

I don't like to paint on my small 'el cheapo' android device but I painted this on my touchscreen computer with the Leonardo brush stylus - it really feels like a brush. I also have an Odonit Jot Mini - it has a clear disc on the drawing point which lets you see exactly where the stroke meets the canvas but I don't like the feel of it.

Name:  Cosy Nest-th.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  92.6 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Got it yesterday!
    It would be fine for sketching around ... Any suggestion for a good tablet pen if a cheap standard one isn't good enough? (I've got a Samsung Tab3 10")
    Now I'm in pain too... a good stylus for Android devices becomes a challenge indeed... I tryed : Milan Stylus (awful response); some kind of no name one-end-ballpen-the-other-end (better not to ask) and a pretty good one was this one http://www.avantree.com/product-styl...-st04-470.html ... but i'm still not happy, it's jobbling a lot on diagonal lines an sometimes loosing continuity. I'm thinking on moving to another tablet, to Sony Xperia Z2. If anyone has a tought on that please let me know.
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

Thank you, dear June and Orkhan! I think Leonardo brush stylus may be the most natural solution to consider.
    I noticed some useful features are missing, in particular to spot and transfom an object on the layer, but no doubt the software is worth its price by far just the same.

I opened the Help feature and reviewed its four sections. When I tried to open it again all the four sections (i.e. General etc.) appear to be empty (no figures/ instructions anymore).
    What's the problem then pls?

Purchased and waiting for the suggested Leonardo brush-stylus to come soon. Thank You, dear June!