ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I get a transparent layer???

Gallery
    View images

How do I get a transparent layer???

I want to do an alphabet and I need a transparent background and then be able to save it as a png...
    BUT...I am new to Art Rage...Ive had it for a few months but still havent palyed with it very much so I really dont know anything about it... I need someone to explain to me how I do this...how I get the transparent BG in the 1st place...I dont know eher to even get it or how to get it to be transparent sorry for being so dumb but I just dont know...Thanks to anyone who helps me out here

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there!

Don't worry, it's not a silly question. What you need to do is set the opacity of the paper to 0%, making it essentially transparent. To do this you need to use the paper settings panel. You can access is via the Tools menu under Layer options.

You can find a more detailed guide to the paper settings panel by opening the ArtRage manual in the Help menu and choosing "The Paper Settings Panel" from the contents. This gives a rundown on how it works and what the various options do.

The short answer though is that setting your opacity to 0% here will make the background ( the canvas ) transparent. Let me know if I can be of further help!
    ----

PS, if you want to start with a transparent background right from the beginning, after you go to the File Menu, and hit "New", you'll see the new file window which also has an opacity dial for the paper. Just drag that to 0% and you're away!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you so much!!!