Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks sir for your valuable suggestions, yes the foliage and trees do look like a mass of green! Shall have to work on these as an ongoing process perhaps. Visual vacabulary, wonderful terminology sir!
    Lifetime learner

Girl with a bicycle

Have tried to do a planned composition this time, kept the distant objects out of focus to highlight the careless girl and her bicycle! Have also tried to get the perspective right, but many flaws I'm sure! Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	98930  
    Lifetime learner

Perspective's not bad. I like the proportions and gestures of the mid-range figures with those simple strokes indicating their placement and scale.

The star of your show is somewhat off in proportions. If a viewer can sense something's wrong it will more often than not be because there's something off in the human -- face or proportions or action. In this case, the girl is not quite right. I mean she's close, but still she's off just enough to have it interfere with the audience just going into the picture without thinking it's a painting and something amiss.

If all the figures are off then it may sometimes be attributed to a stylistic approach. But the other figures are pretty good, so by that criteria it becomes seen as a problem.

If it doesn't bore you too much you may want to consider drawing to get facile with it. I mean since you're in medicine you doubtless had to study anatomy, so I should think it would be a very easy step to take that knowledge into your pictures. Drawing would be a quick way to get your paintings up to speed.

Good work overall though in this painting. You are doing well with perspective and separating elements in varying distances.
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-15-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You're quite right sir, I need to do more of sketches, the girl should have been a few feet more into the scene perhaps. But overall looks like I'm not wide off the mark I guess, thanks for your valuable suggestions sir!
    Lifetime learner

Girl on a beach

Have tried this girl tesing water on a quiet beach. Her excitement, clouds, rather still water and shadows as and when relevant. Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	155 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	98938  
    Lifetime learner

Pretty good. Nice colors. I personally, for designing the composition, would tend to stage it with the figure to the left more facing in to offset it a bit. The background behind her (to the left) is not placed all that well because when looking at this, the woman is immediately the first thing I see, and then I look where she's looking.

So it's almost like your composition is cut in half with the right half dominating (from the figure over to the right) and as such there is a lack of balance. Some artists don't care about balance but I find it essential when telling a story. And the artists who are breaking the rules are either less adept or very skilled and do it for a purpose.

Whether one does it well or badly, the artist is creating a hierarchy of importance in the pic. One leads the eye through the painting. So you have to know where the eye will first enter, and then from there where will it go. Because a painting is a still image does not mean it necessarily lacks movement. You are telling a story to the viewer both in subject matter as well as creating a journey though your picture usually starting with the subject and adding details as the viewer becomes aware of them as the eye journeys through.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Valid points sir! The area behind the girl looks out of place no doubt! Perhaps more of dark big heavy rocks would be better, shall take care the next time, thanks for the suggestions!
    Lifetime learner

The egg

How would you like your egg? Well, I've been wanting to do this for a long time! Any good? Seeking suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Delicious!

Cityscape

City on a rainy evening. From perspective to colours, reflections, shadows and detailing. I have been observing & learning continuously through various paintings and photographs. Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	177 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	98950  
    Lifetime learner