Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love these. The seascape is marvelous with a personal voice very apparent -- all to the good. And the tree by the road is fantastic. The elements are all working quite nicely. Well done!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Mountain valley. Look forward to suggestions from all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	86077  

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!! I love these. The seascape is marvelous with a personal voice very apparent -- all to the good. And the tree by the road is fantastic. The elements are all working quite nicely. Well done!!!!!

Thanks a million sir, your kind words would keep me going.

What a great painting for the first one done with Artrage.. I love the use of colors..

One thing sticks out to me though.. there is a white spot right in the center of the painting. I don't know if you meant for it to be there.. but somehow to me it just seems to take away from all of the beautiful use of color that you have. Maybe it's just me.. Very nice job in either case!

David

PS - And for the record.. I like the angularity.. LOL!

Whoa.. ignore this post.. I didn't see I was on page 1 of a 9 page thread! I was talking about the first painting on page 1. You have progressed nicely in the 3 short months since this thread was stared!!

I had intended to respond to this thread. . . thought I had but must have closed that window before I was done typing. I really love that you have shared your work over the past 3 months and shown us how much you have learned, it's really impressive and inspiring to others, myself included. No matter how much better i get I realize I always have so much more left to learn, and seeing someone learning things inspires me to not be afraid to jump in and learn something new myself.

Only suggestion that I'd give that hasn't been touched on before would be to try adding a bit more color variation in your work. I've found mixing a palette of colors off to the side and picking from those while painting them in has helped my work considerably, I've got a ton of interesting colors that are placed with care each time and has given my work more depth and life I feel. In my current piece I am noticing that I'm struggling with green quite a bit, it feels so saturated everywhere that it feels wrong somehow. I suggest putting some less saturated slightly darker or lighter and slightly warmer or cooler areas in with your bushes and such to give them some depth. Aerial perspective applies to this for dealing with green things in the background picking up some of the sky color and desaturating while getting lighter in value. I guess the easiest way to say it would be use more greyed out colors in other areas of your painting to make your focal area 'pop' more. Good luck, if any of that didn't make sense feel free to inquire further.

Also I'll share my work in progress with my notes there so you can read how I'm approaching my painting and see some of how I'm building it up.

Landscape

Edit: Someone mentioned that the sunset looked more like dawn, and I think that has a lot to do with how the eyes perceive colors at the end of a day, we tend to be more tired and see colors less clearly, also things tend to get redder in the evenings due to the sun's light passing through more layers of atmosphere which filters more of the light leaving more of the strongest spectrums of color (which tend to be reds) to pass through the atmosphere which is what we see. So people generally see sunsets as warmer and more orangey and reddish and far less saturated than they may actually be. Psychology meets art, it's fun!

- Delo
    Last edited by Delofasht; 04-06-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delofasht View Post
    I had intended to respond to this thread. . . thought I had but must have closed that window before I was done typing. I really love that you have shared your work over the past 3 months and shown us how much you have learned, it's really impressive and inspiring to others, myself included. No matter how much better i get I realize I always have so much more left to learn, and seeing someone learning things inspires me to not be afraid to jump in and learn something new myself.

Only suggestion that I'd give that hasn't been touched on before would be to try adding a bit more color variation in your work. I've found mixing a palette of colors off to the side and picking from those while painting them in has helped my work considerably, I've got a ton of interesting colors that are placed with care each time and has given my work more depth and life I feel. In my current piece I am noticing that I'm struggling with green quite a bit, it feels so saturated everywhere that it feels wrong somehow. I suggest putting some less saturated slightly darker or lighter and slightly warmer or cooler areas in with your bushes and such to give them some depth. Aerial perspective applies to this for dealing with green things in the background picking up some of the sky color and desaturating while getting lighter in value. I guess the easiest way to say it would be use more greyed out colors in other areas of your painting to make your focal area 'pop' more. Good luck, if any of that didn't make sense feel free to inquire further.

Also I'll share my work in progress with my notes there so you can read how I'm approaching my painting and see some of how I'm building it up.

Landscape

Edit: Someone mentioned that the sunset looked more like dawn, and I think that has a lot to do with how the eyes perceive colors at the end of a day, we tend to be more tired and see colors less clearly, also things tend to get redder in the evenings due to the sun's light passing through more layers of atmosphere which filters more of the light leaving more of the strongest spectrums of color (which tend to be reds) to pass through the atmosphere which is what we see. So people generally see sunsets as warmer and more orangey and reddish and far less saturated than they may actually be. Psychology meets art, it's fun!

- Delo
    Thanks sir, for having had a look at my attempts to paint. I know I have a long way to go in color mixing and its tones. Tips from people like you have been a great help, look forward to more of them.

I admire your continuous evolution in this short time you posted your paintings.
    And moreover, (besides) you go from less to more ... And that's admirable .. Congratulations!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by damasocl View Post
    I admire your continuous evolution in this short time you posted your paintings.
    And moreover, (besides) you go from less to more ... And that's admirable .. Congratulations!
    Sir, thanks a lot for your time.

They just keep getting better and better! I love the fresh colors and bold vibe that you use, with lots of interesting texture. Very fun paintings!
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Quote Originally Posted by scribbledsoul View Post
    They just keep getting better and better! I love the fresh colors and bold vibe that you use, with lots of interesting texture. Very fun paintings!
    Sir, thanks for your observations. Shall keep learning.