Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Oh great sir! Didn't know it was this good! Thanks for always encouraging me!
    Lifetime learner

Seascape

Have tried yet another seascape, foam and all. Still trying to get it right! Any better? Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	98212  
    Lifetime learner

Again, the colors and values are very pleasing. Beyond that, much depends on your choices. For example, there's a hard edged quality to your brush strokes. My most satisfactory work has been where there's a lot of seamless-ness. So I'm more familiar with that approach. Where that works for me is both in the actual blending of paint as well as mixing more gradient steps within a color and between colors. But then it becomes a matter of feel where it should go one way or another. The color variation where you have multiple values of turquoise in the cresting wave is luminous and quite nice. The variation makes it interesting to look at. Conversely, where some of the areas go from darker turquoise to white, it creates a contrast that is a little jarring to my eye.

Overall, I'm liking your work. If you're going for a calligraphic look, then I would suggest more control with your "calligraphy", where it demonstrates a mastery of the brush and a deliberateness of design. But you might want to think about exploring where you want to place your marks and what about those marks would make it exciting and artful, like a master swordsman controls his rapier. You're getting closer. Those are just a few thoughts for your consideration. But nice work. It's a pleasing painting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like this very much! It looks like a very good base You may refine indefinitely, but already neat and completed in all of its parts and overall blue, white and ochre/ burnt Sienna harmony.
    You really kept improving since Your start!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks, both of you for taking such keen interest in my paintings. As I said, I'm still learning, hope to improve gradually!
    Lifetime learner

So many beautiful ones. Especially like the last three ones. Love the color palette on the motorcycle one and feel the wind breeze on the last seascape. Great stuffs.

Thanks m'am!
    Lifetime learner

Lotus pond

Have tried to refine brush strokes and shadows in this one, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	98253  
    Lifetime learner

Now You may invite Monsieur Claude Monet to visit You! Fine!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hahaha, not that good sir, but hope I'm at least getting things somewhat right!
    Lifetime learner