Page 85 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Lovely colours, I'm a fan of your work!

Thanks so much, I'm just a learner!
    Lifetime learner

River

Have given it a try again, foam and all. Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	123 
Size:	309.7 KB 
ID:	98143  
    Lifetime learner

A celebration of colors for sure. Looks like Autumn is here. I never thought of tropical beaches with the azure color of the water being next to the reds and oranges of trees this time of year, but it really does make for a rich color statement. Takes on a language of its own as if it's an illustration of words with nouns and adjectives.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes sir, been trying to understand colours and the ways they can be used! Thanks for your observations!
    Lifetime learner

Scooter

Have given this old scooter a try, rust, paint, shadows! Any good? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

I don't know if it's any good. That's a relative value judgment. I would have to ask what you were trying to accomplish -- in other words, whether you were trying to make it look realistic or just are using the motorcycle as a general way of breaking up sections of the canvas with your usual marks. While your style has been geared toward organic shapes, your technique is so very different from the way I've ever known to paint hard shapes like motorcycles that I wouldn't know where to begin to suggest. So I'm at a loss. If you painted like me I would have more to say, but you are your own artist which is a good thing.

My personal opinion is that it looks like an experiment in getting loose and sketchy with a mechanical subject and you need to do more of that kind of subject to find something to emphasize more -- whether to make it more about the shapes, or more about looking like a real motorcycle. Only you can answer those questions with more paintings that address what you're trying to do -- for you.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Getting loose and sketchy, probably you're right sir! I'm just going on with whatever is coming to my mind. Just exploring colours, techniques, strokes, that's all. Regarding this subject, I always wanted to paint an old condemned vehicle! Thanks for your kind observations sir!
    Lifetime learner

Daybreak

Have tried to paint the morning sun rays falling on mountains and trees. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	153 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	98170  
    Lifetime learner

Looks great. I like how the light is illuminating a particular portion of the mountains. It makes for nice drama and it separates the areas nicely giving it depth. Pleasing colors too.