Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Very powerful! You should be proud of this one. Certainly very dynamic and it reads well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I really like this, great job of the sea, especially the feeling of motion to the waves!

Thanks so much sir! Let me see how i can make it better, thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I really like this, great job of the sea, especially the feeling of motion to the waves!
    Thanks Dave, my learning has been showing up it seems! I've been using the iPad version which apparently is not as feature rich as desktop version. But no complaints, see if you can add some fan brush option for leaves etc. Great app this artrage, been posting my works on instagram and getting good response! Thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

Still life

Have given it a try, silverware, reflections and all. Need to go a long way it seems, looking suggestions please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lifetime learner

Looks like you have the right stuff in the right place. If you're going for trompe l'oeil fool the eye style where it looks photographic, then you probably want to avoid a heavy tooth to the paper because that pushes the look into the area of painterly and faster painting, less "tight" painting. In that case you would want to be a little more detail oriented and look at the character of your marks as saying more about what it's reflecting and describing surface materials.

On the other hand if you want painterly, then you're on the right track. These kinds of set ups generally are associated with trompe l'oeil, so the expectation historically leans in that direction for measuring against.

But it looks like you could go any number of ways with it. And it looks good as a finish too. Just saying for further paintings if you care to aim one way or the other, or run with this look. The possibilities are infinite.

But this is a good solid piece.
    Last edited by D Akey; 04-06-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow I love this one! The reflections are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Looks like you have the right stuff in the right place. If you're going for trompe l'oeil fool the eye style where it looks photographic, then you probably want to avoid a heavy tooth to the paper because that pushes the look into the area of painterly and faster painting, less "tight" painting. In that case you would want to be a little more detail oriented and look at the character of your marks as saying more about what it's reflecting and describing surface materials.

On the other hand if you want painterly, then you're on the right track. These kinds of set ups generally are associated with trompe l'oeil, so the expectation historically leans in that direction for measuring against.

But it looks like you could go any number of ways with it. And it looks good as a finish too. Just saying for further paintings if you care to aim one way or the other, or run with this look. The possibilities are infinite.

But this is a good solid piece.
    Sir, I was just trying to learn the reflections. As per your suggestions, been looking at scores of paintings and photographs online to study the intricacies. Hope to improve further, thanks for all your support.
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by TMUCW View Post
    Wow I love this one! The reflections are beautiful!
    Thanks for your observations!
    Lifetime learner

Hi. Enjoying. Your output really Fab. Congrats CIAO. SLAINTE