Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks, sir! Looks like it's working!
    Lifetime learner

Like all your paintings.

Do you have videos on YT ?

I enjoy watching Alex zarucki ... but cannot grasp which tools he's using as it's in a foreign language.
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQx...MFpE0VA/videos

Oh, videos! I'm not that good really! Maybe someday! Thanks!
    Lifetime learner

Autumn

Tried to do this landscape again, more colours and lights. Any better? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	162 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	97392  
    Lifetime learner

whoops....wonderful indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Tried to do this landscape again, more colours and lights. Any better? Seek suggestions from all please.
    Would help if you're asking for a comparison that you also post the before and after versions along side each other.

So I really couldn't say if it's better. I assume you're adding more colors?

Observation if I was looking at this for the first time: Overall it's doing good things with your composition. I mean it's got a feeling of going into a tunnel of vegetation which gives it a sort of depth based on the concept. And I doubt anyone would have a problem knowing what you're showing.

The question comes down to how you're creating the illusion of reality. So it's more a fantasy impressionism feel. To me it seems more like you're telling me of the walk through the woods as an idea more than giving me the experience of it.

I think you could work the values better. When the values are working, you have a lot more latitude with the colors. Colors that are mixed to fit the correct value tend to work most of the time, if not always.

I can see what you're doing with the light creating a sort of spotlight and that's a good idea.

But it's looking nice. No complaints from me. Just because you asked I'm making suggestions.
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-10-2019 at 09:36 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks so much sir! By comparison I meant my earlier random attempts, good that you already have forgotten them!! Thanks again for your suggestions, shall try to work on them.
    Lifetime learner

Thanks so much!
    Lifetime learner

Quote Originally Posted by Drskmishra View Post
    Thanks so much sir! By comparison I meant my earlier random attempts, good that you already have forgotten them!! Thanks again for your suggestions, shall try to work on them.
    Haha. No, I have not forgotten the recent paintings. It's very difficult to compare because they have different subjects, different palettes, more so in some than others. Keep going. Looks like you're having fun on this journey.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Orange

Have given it a try, details and reflections. Look for suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	97408  
    Lifetime learner