Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks for the kind words!
    Lifetime learner

Forest

Been trying to learn shadows and lights, seek suggestions from all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	96782  
    Lifetime learner

Very nice! I really like it. Among the things that are working for me is the soft and hard edges. The softness implies lots of depth where my imagination can run with completing the parts of the forest that you imply, including all that lovely subtle hint of trees and so on, while there is sharper movement toward a focal point with the green tree toward the center. The two reddish brown trees lead the eye to it with their scale. So there's a very pleasing and purposeful hierarchy. and your color mixing is very good in that the more saturated and lighter colors feel like they are lit by the sun.

I'm still a little on the fence about the chisel brushwork in that main green tree. It feels like you just stopped short of a complete illusion with a style that feels like a marker comp indication of the idea of a tree. That's just personal impression because I am used to seeing entire pictures that are done that way, which is a rather quick, advertising agency look that feels hasty like there will be a meeting with the client in an hour and the artist has to knock out 8 or so panels for a commercial.

So because your experience with commercial art is probably limited, there are things that you probably wouldn't consider without being told. What you do with the input is of course your business and you should follow your gut instinct because that's what will sustain your painting. I'm just filling you in on a connotation that a style like that has for people in the advertising business. For people not in that business, it probably looks great. But if you do want to go in that direction which is also popular in production illustration and visualization, you might want to work some figures into it if you want to tell as story. Otherwise it's a very peaceful setting, which has its place in a home or office or whatever.

Nevertheless, the good stuff in this painting is working brilliantly. The color is great, the softness as it recedes is also very pleasing.
    Please understand that I am merely pointing these things out, right or wrong, because you're asking for opinions. But your work is getting very good in so many ways. And I encourage you onward into some more excellent work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir your critical analysis after every of my work has been helping me massively. As for the chisel brush work, it is not intentional, rather it is the limitation that I face in this software while doing the foliage and trees. In regular painting I suppose a fan brush can do wonders here. The saturated colours in the middle and on the ground, as you have rightly guessed, are depicting the sunlight passing through these trees. Best part is that you find me on the right track and because of this, I am gradually gaining confidence and going ahead slowly on my mission! Thanks once again sir for guiding me time to time.
    Lifetime learner

Wow woderful painting
    Visit my website here

Thanks Ma'm for all the encouraging words.
    Lifetime learner

The rose

Learning to do petals, shades and all. But looks very plastic, I know! Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	173 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	97230  
    Lifetime learner

Nice. Interesting how you jumped from soft shapes and color to a sharp almost sketchy marking on it. Seems like there could be some more transition in the approach so they're relating more.

The jump projects a feeling like a teenager who flits to the end because something else caught his attention that he would rather be doing. I know with you that's unlikely, but that's how abrupt the change seems to me were I to come across this painting in the world. The good news is that it isolates what your approach is generally. And that abrupt jump may work better in complex images life forests and so on, but when it's something this simple it points out how you think when approaching a painting.

For screen writers of scripts and so on, the challenge is where they know their Act I beginning and they know their ending Act III, but they don't know how to make Act II interesting so it keeps the momentum going. A lot of scripts fail as a result. When it works it's brilliant. I would say work on making Act II interesting.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, as a learner, I just sketch whatever I find interesting! Difficult to see which way I'm going, but sure I continue to paint. Thanks for all the observation and guidance sir!
    Lifetime learner

The stream

Yet another attempt at a landscape, learning to refine. Any better? Seeking suggestions from all please.

Views:	147 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	97246  
    Lifetime learner