Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

The colours are really beautiful in the last one with the birds. I Also love the way you are treating the water, it has a lot of movement and energy which has to do with the way you are handing the brushstrokes.
    It depends on what you want to achieve to offer suggestion, but I notice that the rocks are rich in color and saturation throughout If you wanted to push for more depth, you could reduce the saturation a bit and introduce more blue as we recede in the distance.

Sir, so kind of you to have evaluated the work in detail, your point well taken. Am still learning and shall try to improve further, thanks.
    Lifetime learner

Yes. Good advice from a master of color. Colors are a very good way to establish depth.

Another element at the artist's disposal is the amount of detail used. Consider how the eye sees naturally and then exaggerate that. The mind registers more detail as being closer (usually), while getting simpler as it recedes is part of that. If one is subtle about it, the viewer would not necessarily even be aware of that trick, but they would feel that it is right.

I think this seascape is very good. You've learned so much with this one as well and there's a lot of good things happening.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, thanks again for the advice. You have been helpful as always, thanks again!
    Lifetime learner

Autumn

Have been trying to do it right, but long way to go it seems. Seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	332.5 KB 
ID:	94848  
    Lifetime learner

I love your use of color. It's so visually stimulating. The sky color is a perfect amplifying catalyst for the dazzling and luminous line of trees. I very much like the reflections in the water. It all seems to go into a whole heightened dimension that is most evocative. I think this is one in which the artist's vision is sharing something uncommon. And after all, that is one of the things that Art serves. Splendid work.

Sometimes we happen onto something new that we may or may not anticipate. But it often happens when we're just presenting ourselves with brush in hand. And if we happen to be in the right place, we pick it up. I think you clicked over into a whole new area in your artistic journey. We all learn by doing, as you so aptly put it. It seems to be happening for you. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sir, it can't be that good, you're being kind! But as always,I take your words as a source of huge encouragement, thanks a lot sir.
    Lifetime learner

You're being modest and that's good to keep all things level. But my comment does speak to that illuminated place artists can stumble upon at times. Your painting was a good reminder and it also shows on the canvas that moment we as artists chase after. You shared that moment the process of painting became something more.

Autumn

Have given it another try, seek suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	172 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	94872  
    Lifetime learner

I really like this one.