Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Thanks for the observations made, still learning and a long way to go for me.
    Lifetime learner

Streets of Scotland

Have been vacationing with kids in England and Scotland, have tried to sketch and paint a street. Not very accurate I know, but just did it anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	146 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	93166  
    Lifetime learner

Yes. I like. It. What did you. Sketch on. .??

Yes sir, pencil sketch followed by paint brush and knife.
    Lifetime learner

Hi Drsk....... yes have read all the Comments from those who now and as I'm only a painting Ploder so I can't
    give you any words of wisdom ok so all I can say is I like it so carry on painting your doing fine Regards Ploos

Love it. A bit of your earliest offerings. My guess is part of your inner landscape and heart are there.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Scottish highlands

Driving through the countryside is a pleasure, have tried to capture a typical scene from my memory. Sky is clear and blue, mountains green, that's how summer is here. My painting is not so clear, but my imagination is...! Requesting all to have a look please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	161 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	93251  
    Lifetime learner

Depends on what you're after. Owing to the lack of differentiation in the large shapes of color, it tends to flatten out a bit within those shapes and lack of contrast in the overall which makes it a little lukewarm. But some people seek out that look. If you want more interest, you might want to break up the areas a little bit with some variety. If you're painting to create a dreamlike image with less detail and more impression of a feeling or general idea, you are on the right track. That alludes to design considerations, which is a matter often of establishing the shapes simply and then adding design elements as accents: relating shapes and colors as masses and then perhaps adding a little bit extra for interest and definition.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You got me right sir, it was just what you could see all along. That's why have not done details. Thanks for your observation.
    Lifetime learner

Back to the street scene drawing of when you said with pencil I got confused thinking of drawing

in the street useing a paper sketch pad and Pencil Think it could be done on a IPad if you were sitting down but not easy but if you've drawn from a photo don't trace if you want to improve your drawing but I think I'm old hat if you follow my meaning as I think most do paint and trace from the upload they say why waste time drawing as its the finnished painting that people are happy with come what May Ok I like your people in the street allmost a Lowry on a more formal note I'm called Ploos
    not SIR ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE