Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

And yes, human figures I sure can do extremely well, I know complete human anatomy as a professional Doctor. But it becomes my daily work then, no recreation!
    Lifetime learner

Ah. So I see why you have chosen to not do terribly detailed paintings. It then becomes like work as opposed to recreation. I understand. Without those sorts of conventions, however, it eliminates a checklist for elements of painting to which I can comment. But you don't need my comments or anyone else's at this point, other than for appreciation of what you're doing. And I think we all can appreciate your paintings.

If you are looking to relax, they look quite relaxing. The themes are pleasant, as well as the colors.

You look like you are enjoying applying paint. And in the forests your daubs at the leaves on the various trees is especially repetitive, which allows for an almost meditative experience, not unlike the iterative nature of a footsteps during an actual walk through the woods, step after step, just soaking it in, relaxing the mind. So that explains why you paint in the manner you do and retain a similar look from one painting to the next with that subject matter. For you it's very like an actual walk in the places you're painting. Great! Enjoy! Hope it brings you tranquility as a balance to your very mental work.

I think your paintings reflect precisely where you're aiming. So you should be pleased. And if you want to vacation in a different location, then you perhaps should consult a travel guide or map with different walking trails on it.

I'm very happy that you're enjoying the journey. Nobody can ask for more.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Oh thanks so much sir for your appreciation, hope to keep the journey on and improve every time. Thanks again for your support !
    Lifetime learner

Hollyhocks

Have tried to paint them from my front yard, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	182 
Size:	283.0 KB 
ID:	92651  
    Lifetime learner

Seascape

Learning to do details, requesting suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	92706  
    Lifetime learner

I love the way that your work is coming along, especially the landscapes. Well done!

~ Scribbles
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Thanks for the kind words
    Lifetime learner

Hey! Look at this! Seems that there must be a storm out there driving in some really interesting waves. Very cool.

You look like your walk through the artist's meditative woods opened onto a very dynamic shore that's most suitable for painters. That's quite a walk.

Very nice shape to it all. Good elements that add interest. You should feel good about this one.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey! Look at this! Seems that there must be a storm out there driving in some really interesting waves. Very cool.

You look like your walk through the artist's meditative woods opened onto a very dynamic shore that's most suitable for painters. That's quite a walk.

Very nice shape to it all. Good elements that add interest. You should feel good about this one.

Thanks sir for all your encouraging words. Always trying to improve.
    Lifetime learner

Your last five works have become very very good! Your value selections are now really working well together. You can see the difference between the fifth and sixth landscape above. Greatly improved!

You want CC's: the lighthouse confuses me. I can't decide if it is a cross or a lighthouse? It may be dead accurate but it still confuses me.

Great work Drskmishra!
    Robert Hopkins