Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Drskmishra

Still life

Have tried to improve on the fruits, seeking suggestions from all please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	90453  
    Lifetime learner

I am no expert, but for what it's worth, since you are asking for suggestions: I feel the two pieces of orange is too light compared to the rest. I'd probably add brighter highlights to the other fruit, which would not only make everything fit together, but also give more depth to the apples, grapes and what have you.

I've seen you makes some great progress in this thread. Keep up the good work.

Completely agree, should have highlighted ones in background. Impatience, it seems on my part. Doing orange skin took a lot of energy! Thanks for the suggestion.
    Lifetime learner

Rains through windshield

Pitter patter of rains while driving through street. Needs a lot of refinement, I know, but I enjoyed painting this. Looking forward to suggestions from all please.

Views:	146 
Size:	250.1 KB 
ID:	90472  
    Lifetime learner

The only thing I can thing of is letting some of the background color show in the rain drops.

Thanks for pointing that out, did not occur to me. Next time maybe, thanks again.
    Lifetime learner

Modred makes some good points.

Another thing to improve the water droplets it to simplify the edges of the drops. Right now they're a little "hairy". The polish you give your marks are going to say a lot about your level of artistic skill and experience. Right now they feel somewhat unsure and hesitant in the paint application. But the raw material is present. So it's merely a matter of polishing your technique.

You are certainly on the right path and the values and colors are good. If they're picking up some of the color from the far side that's even better, and more interesting. Certainly anyone looking would be clear on what you're painting. Good stuff.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Get the point, sir. Thanks. Shall try to improve.
    Lifetime learner

Landscape

Learning to do the detailing and highlights. Looking keenly forward to suggestions from all please.

Views:	148 
Size:	428.6 KB 
ID:	90523  
    Lifetime learner

Since I love what you are doing in this thread, I am once again going to offer whatever little advice I can. Again, I want to emphasize that I am no expert, so keep that in mind at all times

I love the detail, and I think the highlighting is good. Especially in the foreground. What I'd suggest is adding a bit darker tones. One area in particular could benefit from this: The area beneath the bushes on the far side of the water. Making it darker would add a even more depth.
    EDIT: Also, consider making the flora less uniform; make some holes in the bushes, filled with darker tones. Just a few would make a big difference, I think.

That said, I do think the detailing is very well executed, and probably a lot better than what I could myself.